Status
Not open for further replies.

Bharadwaaj

Right off the assembly line
My system specifications:

processor: Intel dual core 2.8 Ghz
512 Mb RAM
40 Gb hard disk..

I have the system for 2 years and i'm using it for miscellaneous actions..

The problem is that when i run FIFA 07 or open multiple tabs to surf the net, the system shuts off automatically and the CPU stops functioning...The monitor is the only one responsive component which doesnt display anything and sometimes there is a small green box that darts in my screen... the system is also pretty slow nowadays..

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I think the problem is in ur RAM. Change ur RAM for sometime & see if the problem prevails or not. And if ur RAM is ok, then check ur SMPS.

amitash

Intel OCer
My system specifications:

processor: Intel dual core 2.8 Ghz
512 Mb RAM
40 Gb hard disk..

I have the system for 2 years and i'm using it for miscellaneous actions..

The problem is that when i run FIFA 07 or open multiple tabs to surf the net, the system shuts off automatically and the CPU stops functioning...The monitor is the only one responsive component which doesnt display anything and sometimes there is a small green box that darts in my screen... the system is also pretty slow nowadays..

It might be one of the following:

1.Your RAM is faulty
2.Your SMPS is faulty
3.Your cpu is overheating...download Lavalys everest and check your cpu temps and report here.

And as for slowness, 512mb RAm is very little for apps nowadays, you should upgrade to atleast 1gb

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Yes, your PSU maynot be able to give sufficient power supply which doesn't allow the processor to do tedious tasks. Or your processor is not getting sufficient cooling.

Increase the RAM to 1 GB and do the following:
1. Try PC Mark and 3D Mark to check if your processor can handle stress with the native fan. Otherwise youwill have to attach additional fans.

2. Try SensorviewPro and check ur temperature. Try it when idle and when you put it under stress just like playing a game.
3. Check if the appropriate thermal paste is available on the CPU.
4. It could be due to lot of registry errors also Try Tune Up Utlities and clear them.
5. It may be virus(probably drwatson32.exe) which eats up your processor and RAM. It automatically gets loaded while playing games if it is installed. Try to scan with an Antivirus or block it using a Firewall or download Noob Killer and check.
6. Increase the Virtual Memory and clean up the memory using Tune Up Utilities.
7. Download ATF cleaner and clear all junk off the PC.

OP
B

Bharadwaaj

Right off the assembly line
i used sensorview pro to check my cpu temp. as you ppl suggested ...

It is around 73-75 centigrade at average...

Memory usage is around 66-70 percent even when i dont run any programs...

What other steps do I take??

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
You CPU temp. is normal but I recommend, you should apply a layer of thermal paste on it.

And for your RAM, you are telling that it consumed even if you don't run any programs. I bet there are some programs running which automatically gets loaded in the memory when you start your computer. Clear them in msconfig. There also maybe some unnecessary services which gets loaded. Go to msconfig, click on Services, click on "Hide all Microsoft Services" and untick the unnecessary options.

Also check for viruses and spyware using Noob Killer or any other good Antivirus software.

If it doesn't help then I think your SMPS may be faulty.

amitash

Intel OCer
you mean your cpu temp is 73-75C on FULL load or just under normal desktop conditions? Download prime95, run it and simultaneously check temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom