Problem with my Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
hey guys, I'm facing problem with my old machine's graphic card. It is a geforce 6600 GS 256 MB Graphics card with 300 MHz Core clock speed and 500 Mhz Ram speed.

I am having green color flickering problem in my ASUS 19" LCD monitor when it is connected to the Graphics card. Sometimes the whole monitor color is turned to pink. The flickering continues almost all the time and increase when watching movies or playing games.
I overclocked it some days back using Ntune utility and it was working fine. The problem starts after my UPS was not working and I pluged everything directly to the plug point. (But I thiink it is not the problem, because I faced the same issue in my friend's hoem also.).
Config

AMD Athlon X2 939 pin 4800+
Gigabyte K8n Ultra SLI
Transcend 1 GB DDr 400 MHz Ram
250 GB Seagate Sata
Frontech 450W generic PSU
Lite-on Pata DVD Writer
Nvidia 6600GS 258 MB Graphics card

Please help

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
hi buddy

It seems to be a fault in the card.Maybe the faulty ups gave some voltage spikes and damaged your card. I guess nothing can be done as its an old card without warranty and repairing in india is troublesome and may be costly.

Its better to go for a new card depending on your budget.

Anubis

Courage to Know
Your problem is simple

Your video memory is getting corroded ( destroyed ) slowly and steadily

Happened to me

If its under warranty , RMA it

heavyarms

Broken In
Problem canbe ur card or ur monitor cable.
Either the rams on gpu are dying cause of ocing or something else. First make sure the monitor cables are plugged in correctly. If not check on a friends pc. If u find same prob rma the card if its under warranty else buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom