Problem with my Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Hi friends,

I have come with a new problem again. This time with GPU, I have 8400GS.
When I select 8400GS as my primary display then system boots but with teared image n also my OS dont boot, it hangs in middle of loading screen forever. But when I select onboard graphics as primary display, the system runs fine n OS also boots well.
So I m confused what to do? I think that my 8400GS has gone kaput. Somebody kindly point out faults in 8400GS n tell me if it is repairable or not.
Or my PCI slot has gone crazy becaz in 1 of 50 times booting with 8400GS as primary driver, everything works like charm. :( I dont understand whats this, it rarely works but mostly not. :(
Plz help me. I talked to XFX too but they also says that gpu is ok. :shock:

surinder

Tech addict
You can try following acts.

First try to reinstall your graphic card make sure your card's PCI-E pins and PCI-E bay on MOBO is dust free otherwise use a pencil type paint brush of soft bristles and a lint free cotton cloth to clean them insert the card into PCI-E bay's full depth doing so card will get locked in the bay automatically.

Secondly screw up the VGA or DVI cable properly.

If problem still remains reinstall graphic card's drivers and update from the particular site.

If problem still remains reinstall MOBO's chipset drivers and update from the particular site and then after reinstall graphic card's drivers and update from the particular site as well.

If problem still remains borrow a working PCI-E graphic card from any of your friend to determine what is gone if another card works fine then your own graphic card is most probably gone if another card also doesn't work then there should be problems with your MOBO's PCI-E socket which is very rare.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi friends,

I have come with a new problem again. This time with GPU, I have 8400GS.
When I select 8400GS as my primary display then system boots but with teared image n also my OS dont boot, it hangs in middle of loading screen forever. But when I select onboard graphics as primary display, the system runs fine n OS also boots well.
So I m confused what to do? I think that my 8400GS has gone kaput. Somebody kindly point out faults in 8400GS n tell me if it is repairable or not.
Or my PCI slot has gone crazy becaz in 1 of 50 times booting with 8400GS as primary driver, everything works like charm. :( I dont understand whats this, it rarely works but mostly not. :(
Plz help me. I talked to XFX too but they also says that gpu is ok. :shock:

OS....Motherboard..RAM..PSU..???

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Thanks for the replies dude, I will try doing as said by surinder, :) One question to Surinder(from rab ne bana di jodi, dont mind it :)), If I have problem with my GPU 8400GS then GTX260/275 will run on this mobo without any difficulty(I will buy CM 500w/600w PSU then).
And for asigh question, I have Win XP SP3, Win 7 n Win Vista installed. :), Mobo - ASUS P5KPL-CM, Ram- Transcend-4gb(800)n Processor - E8400, PSU - ColoursIT 450W.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Before you go and purchse the new card..decide..what is wrong--your graphics card or your mother board.

Plug another GPU in the motherboard to check AND plug your GPU into another system(motherboard) to check..?

BWT..why three Operating Systems.....? I have a feeling you have a driver issue, since you have so many Operating systems..???

OP
hayabusa_ryu

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
@asigh,Thank u for the reply.

But I feel that I dont have any driver issue caz it was working fine. I m using 3 OSes for the past 3 months. I will check my GPU in other systems.

surinder

Tech addict
OK if you find your graphic card has been gone still don't insert your fresh 11/16K graphic card right away first make sure there is nothing wrong with your MOBO as well.BTW there is no compatibility issue between GTX260/275 and ASUS P5KPL-CM it has PCI-E 2.0 standard.

On PSU front my choice for your GTX260/275 included configuration is Antec EA 650w @4.8K or corsair VX 550 @5.8K.

If you still wanna have Cooler master's PSU please avoid extreme power series.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
OK if you find your graphic card has been gone still don't insert your fresh 11/16K graphic card right away first make sure there is nothing wrong with your MOBO as well.BTW there is no compatibility issue between GTX260/275 and ASUS P5KPL-CM it has PCI-E 2.0 standard.

On PSU front my choice for your GTX260/275 included configuration is Antec EA 650w @4.8K or corsair VX 550 @5.8K.

If you still wanna have Cooler master's PSU please avoid extreme power series.

yea be sure...your motherboard is fine, before plugging in another GPU. There might be a rare case that it could short your new GPU...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom