Problem with hard drive partitioning

kshitij_tandel

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, I am having this small problem with my HP Probook 4510s laptop. It has a 320 GB hard disk. It had Windows 7 installed on it occupying the whole partition space of 298 GB. Later I wanted to install Windows 8 on it, so I repartitoned it using the Disk Management Utility in Windows 7.
The partition was created successfully but the partition type changed to simple volume. Even the system partition changed to simple volume. Due to this it does not allow Windows 8 to be installed as the second partition became dynamic in nature.
Now I am stuck as to how to convert the drive to basic drive or Primary partition.
So Plz help me...

louisgarcia

Broken In
Insert original DVD of Windows 7. Then overwrite windows 7 on your primary drive, let your PC install full Windows 7 completely & then start installing Windows 8. Remember, When you want to achieve dual booting in your PC, make sure that each & every time you have to select new drive for it.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Later I wanted to install Windows 8 on it, so I repartitoned it using the Disk Management Utility in Windows 7.
your 1st & biggest mistake.for future reference never ever use windows disk management to modify C drive size..anyway download & install this:
*www.filehippo.com/download_easeus_partition_master_home/
use it convert dynamic disk to basic disk.after installing click on left side box titled "disk 1" & you will see option "convert to basic".

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Use any good partition managers, as there are many out there. But NEVER use Windows disk management utility. Its cr@p.

Top Bottom