Problem with DVD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm having problem with DVD-RW Sony. I purchased two of them and both are not working properly. Can someone who uses DVD-RW give me suggestion/Advice on how to use these things? Do we need to take certain precautions so that they last for a longer time? Are there any other brands of DVD-RW available which are better than Sony? I purchased these for Rs 65 each. What is the difference between Quick Erase and Full Erase? Any specific software that we need to use to erase this DVD apart from the one that we get in Nero under tools.

slugger

Banned
ajayritik said:
I'm having problem with DVD-RW Sony. I purchased two of them and both are not working properly.
wat exactly is d problem u r facin

r u not able 2 write n e thin @ all?

RW disks r not very reliable and r prone to read-write failure after a few uses (@ aleast dat is wat happens to people around me who buy these thins)

u spent 130 bux on those 2 disx :shock:

4 dat much u cud have bot 11 DVD-R s and still have money left for a 300ml Fanta +1 chewin gum :D

well i dint really solve ur problem but i did give u a better option, dint i ;)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thanks for the suggestion Slugger. The main reason why I purchased a DVD-RW is that when I burn some movies on DVD-R due to some errors I'm not able to burn movies properly and I end up losing lot of DVD-R's so I thought it would be better if I burn them first on a DVD-RW and later on DVD-R's but I guess that didnt work out as I had planned.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^What is the error?plz post it dude.

4 dat much u cud have bot 11 DVD-R s and still have money left for a 300ml Fanta +1 chewin gum

Lol.Good calculations.:D

slugger

Banned
ajayritik said:
when I burn some movies on DVD-R due to some errors I'm not able to burn movies properly and I end up losing lot of DVD-R's
if u cud tell us wat is d exact error message u r gettin then sum 1 will b able to help u out

preferably post a screenshot of d error message

in general it is advisable to burn the DVD-R @ a speed of 4x/8x

and use good qlty disks like Moser Baer or Sony for burnin

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
When I burn movies on DVD-R it says burning operation failed. So I had to go for burning on DVD-RW. The problem is as follows:
After I erase the data from my DVD-RW I presume its blank infact that is the message it displays when I insert into the drive. however when I insert this blank DVD-RW into the drive during a Nero burn session when Nero asks to insert a blank disk that messag still is displayed on the screen telling insert a blank disc. I presume its not recognizing this DVD-RW. Normally during a Nero session of burning the moment you insert a DVD/CD it will start burning straightway or give a message telling the disk has insufficient space. But in my case it doesnt do either. It still shows the message Insert a blank DVD-R etc. So does that mean there is some issue with the media or the drive itself. I purchased the DVD Writer recently. Its liteon. Please help!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
^nero doesn't start writing straightaway coz the CDRW u inserted isn't blank.use full erase option.Maybe this helps.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have taken the DVD-RW to my friend's place and tried erasing and burning it on his computer. Guess what it was working alright! So is the problem with my Liteon DVD Writer. I dont know what to do! I purchased this DVD Writer recently not even a month back on friend's suggestion. Dont know what to do! :(

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
After updating with latest firmware for my Liteon DVD Writer I still face the same problem. My Writer doesnt recognize a DVD RW disc. When I tried to burn it in my friend's computer I'm able to burn it.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
So what are they Sony drives or Liteon drives? I have a "liteon" (thats what it said on outside of box but is really a LG) I had problems until I downloaded latest firmware, and I have used my RW disk multiple times now, the disk are really scratched up but they still seem to have no problem writting and reading. So try a firmware update. if they truly are sony, throw them out the window... well personally I don't like sony... try firmware then get back to us here...

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yeah dude its a liteon DVD Writer with Sony DVD-RW. I have updated with latest firmware but the problem still persists. Unfortunately we dont have other brands of DVD-RW here in Hyderabad

slugger

Banned
y dont u take ur drive to ur friends place 2 c if it is actually d drive dat is givin u d problem or sum settin in ur OS

if it is not workin der also den u mite wan2 get it replaced (Liteon gives 1 yr warratny)

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
I have tried burning the DVD's with other softwares like Image Burn and Infrarec but no success. I have a feeling it could have got to do with the DVD-Writer coz its not recognizing DVD-RW. My friend doesnt have SATA compatibility so maybe I have to look around for some other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom