Problem with broadband connection ... i think ...help plz ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthikrathinavelu

Right off the assembly line
i paid for sify broadband connection which i mainly wanted for some download purpose ... but unfortunately whichever thing that i download, the executable is not running (eg. i downloaded yahoo msngr and it showed the error ... The procedure entry point GetClosedHandleu not found in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll), not able to open any zip or rar files, not able to view any videos which shouts that download is corrupted.

i am able to install softwares from the Digit CDs or for that matter any CDs ... only the downloaded goodies seems to be the problem.

Some of the security software that i use are Zone alarm, Spybot s&d, avast antivirus (which has kernel32.dll in its chest directory) and the system is latest one(AMD 64 2800+, 1 GB RAM in Asus K8X mobo ...ethernet card,SiS, is onboard running in Windows XP professional SP 2)

what might be the problem with this ... that u cud possibly be able to interfere?

the only download that i am able to download without flaw is an e-book (txt only) from proj gutenberg... !!!

Helpppp please .....

OP
K

karthikrathinavelu

Right off the assembly line
One more addition ... the pictures that r getting downloaded are not good ... it is getting jagged or something. Sometimes that pages that r getting downloaded (htmls) are displayed in it source format itself... after some several reload it is getting proper.

I am not able to view gmail or yahoo in the browsers ... why is that so? In gmail after "Loading ..." the page gmail.google.com/gmail ... it stops and it is not proceeding with the "red" loading screen. why is that? do i have to upgrate my browser or do i have to change the browser's settings?

My default browser is Firefox 1.0

D

Deleted member 5901

THATS NORMAL U CAN UPGRADE TO FIREFOX 1.0.2
which has latest secuirity updates !!!!

AND do complain about ur connection !!!!

CHEERS !!!

I strongly suspect you may have a problem with Windows. Do a format and clean installation. Call Sify Tech support if this doesn't work.

Keith

Charley

Just Do It
OMG , Look at where the query is posted....

Dont u know where it should be posted....

" THIS IS THE HARDWARE SECTION "

Status
Not open for further replies.