Well
the problem is when i boot the computer it doesnt boot up gives the mesage
BIOS ROM CHECK SUM ERROR
DETECTING DRIVE A
INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

what is the problem with the computer?
The computer some times restart pressing that reset button again and again
i manually change the bois setting once but didnt work
does any body has efficient solution for it.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
try these .

- turn pc off , remove power cord
- remove the cmos battery from m/b and reseat it
- else if u have ur m/b manual , follow instructions for clearing cmos with jumpers (this is unique for diff models of m/b)
- once u reset cmos , go to bios and change boot sequence to boot from hard disk
- if u get the same error msg again , replace the battery with new one . remember to check the battery model number and take the old one along with u so there is no mix up

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well

klinux said:
try these .

- turn pc off , remove power cord
- remove the cmos battery from m/b and reseat it
- else if u have ur m/b manual , follow instructions for clearing cmos with jumpers (this is unique for diff models of m/b)
- once u reset cmos , go to bios and change boot sequence to boot from hard disk
- if u get the same error msg again , replace the battery with new one . remember to check the battery model number and take the old one along with u so there is no mix up
well thanks for alleast tryin go help
i remember ur long post on tha 100ways ...
a nyway i did manually search search it says the bois is currupt and so
well here was a good solution
*support.octek.com.au/FAQ/faq_0007.htm
wll i think that sums it all and i need to replace my bios in conclusion
these computer are supermachine if wirk fine other wise they are the tin box that sucks money :eek:
never mind
thks for help

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Try this:
Post your queries in proper section. We have a Q&A section for these specific things.

vysakh

Padawan
i think this was the problem i had on my first week of using a computer
there is some floppy disk in the drive. remove it and restart

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Ohho .. The link given by you Saharika is killing mosquito with a cannon ..

All you need to do is just replace your CMOS battery with a new one as this is flushed out .. Dont flash the bios with the BIN file given on the server ..

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
it_waaznt_me said:
Ohho .. The link given by you Saharika is killing mosquito with a cannon ..

All you need to do is just replace your CMOS battery with a new one as this is flushed out .. Dont flash the bios with the BIN file given on the server ..
I tried but didnt help at all.I think the whole board need to be replace i am fiding difficulty in fiding the right model of BOIS
it says it is
2a6i1PCA(TL-SI21)
WINBOND-29/01/2000
i am not being able to find the program for this can some body help.
an yway for gnu i think i the answer matter than other things
an yway sorry

technoteen

Journeyman
dont flash your motherboard if its was working fine

go to the advanced options in your bios settings, there disable the system bios cacheable option and also flush your system memory as said in above posts

swatkat

Technomancer
i have HEARD (not sure if this is true,correct me if i am wrong) that,if the crystal oscillator in mobo gets damaged then also we get the "check error" as in the case of flushed out CMOS Battery.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Saharika said:
an yway sorry
I did not understand what you meant by this !!!! could you care to explain a little bit....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
GNUrag said:
Saharika said:
an yway sorry
I did not understand what you meant by this !!!! could you care to explain a little bit....

Well I suppose She Meant That Answers Of The People matters More Than Posting In The Right or Wrong section (Atleast That is what i could figure out.....So Saharika Correct me if i was wrong :D )......And the "Anyway Sorry" Stuff i need not explain Mate.....Cause that U can figure it out for urself now mate.....Anyways Peace Out..... 8)

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
GNUrag said:
Saharika said:
an yway sorry

Well I suppose She Meant That Answers Of The People matters More Than Posting In The Right or Wrong section (Atleast That is what i could figure out.....So Saharika Correct me if i was wrong :D )......And the "Anyway Sorry" Stuff i need not explain Mate.....Cause that U can figure it out for urself now mate.....Anyways Peace Out..... 8)
EXCATLY.
I THINK I WOULD BE BETTER TO SAY IT ONLY.
MORE OVER IT WAS URGENT FOR ME AND I DIDNT CARED FOR THE ROOM AND GENERAL MEANS GENERAL SO I THINK MY CMOS ERROR CAN ALSO ACCOMODATE IN THAT GENERAL IN IT DIDNT THEN SORRY
I SAW THAT STICKY POST FROM MR BAT SO SORRY
AND THERE WERE 2 MEMBER AT THAT TIME IN WHOLE FORUMAND THAT ALSO IN GENERAL ROOM
BUT STILL HAVE TO BUY NEW BIOS SO NO HELP NEVER MIND
tks
saha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom