problem with bitcomet

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Whenever I start my bitComet, the bar above shows that some download is taking place, although none is. When I resume any download, though they have loads of seeds, they do not run (shows 0kb/s), but the bar above shows the download going uniformly at 8kb/s. What is the problem?????

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
the bar shows the incoming bandwidth. it does not show the download speed.

u have to wait patiently for the downloads to start. u might try to forcibly start a download althought that rarely helps.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
do u close bitcomet after downloading something? cos if u do so and u dont upload then u r tagged as leecher and the downloading speed decreases drastically.i used to get initially speeds as high as 24 kbps and iused to close bitcomet after that.

then i statred getting slow speeds, so now i keep bitcomet on all the time.
on an average i get 16-18 kbps.

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
mariner said:
do u close bitcomet after downloading something? cos if u do so and u dont upload then u r tagged as leecher and the downloading speed decreases drastically.i used to get initially speeds as high as 24 kbps and iused to close bitcomet after that.

then i statred getting slow speeds, so now i keep bitcomet on all the time.
on an average i get 16-18 kbps.

Total Downloaded: 40.8 GB
Uploaded: 28.6 GB

This proves I m not that bad a leecher

LegendKiller

In the zone
saurabh.sauron said:
the bar shows the incoming bandwidth. it does not show the download speed.

u have to wait patiently for the downloads to start. u might try to forcibly start a download althought that rarely helps.

He's right,in fact you gotta wait,to start the downloads,keep the uploading to minimum like 4-5 kbps depending on ur connection...

godsownman

Padawan
The key is patience, sometimes the downloads do take time to start.

Check the %age health of the file. When selecting downloads always look for them in Green as green means that you may be able to successfully complete the download.

Secondly, sometimes the people uploading may not have the 100% file with them.( I am stuck on one download at 96 % with all seeders being stuck at 96 % :( )

Try it out and I am sure you will get it or re search for it and then start the download.

P.s : I have answered this keeping in mind that you may be facing this problem with only one file.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom