Problem with Avast 4.7 Home Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hluachawngthu

Broken In
I was choosing Avast 4.7 Home edition from among other Antivirus softs for 3 years. But since four months back I've got a problem like this - when I start my Pc there´s a red circle on avast! a-ball icon in system tray and when I click on it, the error message appears saying "the AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error". My PC is too slow when this problems occured. There is a need to wait for almost 5 minutes to open my files. I do reinstall Avast many times as I could not fix the error.How to fix this problem? Do I need to reinstall my Windows? Please help.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
This may help you:

Q: There´s a red circle on avast! a-ball icon in system tray and when I click on it, the error message appears saying "the AAVM subsystem detected a RPC error". How to fix this?
A: First, use Windows Update to be sure that all Windows components (including "RPC") is up to date. Then restart your computer and check if the problem persists. If it persists, follow these instructions:

1. Right-click the icon MY COMPUTER and select MANAGE.
  2. In left column unroll SERVICES AND APPLICATIONS.
  3. Click on SERVICES.
  4. In the right column, look at the state of service avast! Antivirus.
  5. If the service isn't set to start automatically, set it that way (right-click it and select PROPERTIES and the STARTUP TYPE set to AUTOMATIC). Restart the computer after making the change.
  6. If it was already set to "Automatic", check the status of the service. If it not "Started", try to start it (right-click it and select START).
  7. If the service cannot be started, your avast! installation might be corrupted. Try repairing the avast! installation: click START -> CONTROL PANEL -> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS -> avast! Antivirus -> CHANGE/REMOVE and select REPAIR.
This solution works on Windows NT, 2000, XP and 2003 only.

Source: *www.avast.com/eng/faq-other-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom