Problem while burning Ubuntu cd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
Re: Unleash the Power of Ubuntu 6.06!!

Its not related to the current discussion but somehow related to Ubuntu. There is always checksum error on my cd whenever i try to install ubuntu 5 or 6, but it doesn't show any prob when i burn it (have used both NTI & Nero Burning ROM). I have burnt other linux distros n they work perfectly fine. I face this problem only with Ubuntu. Is there any setting that i shud have changed while burning, or is it something else? Thanx in advance.

Moved to a new thread - mehul

Last edited by a moderator:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Re: Unleash the Power of Ubuntu 6.06!!

First of all if you have a question related to Open Source, create a new thread &
post it!! The checksum error tells that your ISO image is corrupt. So before you
burn the ISO image to a CD verify the MD5 Checksums. Here is how you do it:
*www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html

In your case you have to download the file again. Also use a good Download Manager
like FlashGet. After the download is complete verify the MD5 Checksums of the ISO
file you downloaded. If there's no error message, go ahead & burn the ISO image in
a CD.

Last edited:
OP
plsoft

plsoft

Journeyman
thnx mehul.
@JGuru-I've checked the checksum with fastsum & it doesn't show any error as such. So i thnk the prob is with the setup of Burning ROM or NTI. As for integrity of the file (checksum), the same thing happened with the Ubuntu dat came with Digit DVD.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Thanks @Mehul.
@Plsoft, I have sent you a PM , check your Inbox now. I have suggested some solutions. Also post your PC configuration details. Ubuntu has some known bugs
with certain hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom