Problem somewhere in the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
hi guys..

i have an odd problem in my comp...my config is written in my sig....

now the computer starts ok and all....but games are not working....i get either BSOD or the comp restarts or the game crashes.....in short graphics heavy things are not working

it started when yesterday the AVG antivirus updated itself and i restarted my comp...since then this is the problem...i uninstalled AVG..but still the same prob

i opened the case took out the ram and put it in again....cant do same with my graphics card as im not aware of the system for removing it...in this case i mean (i used to remove the graphics card in my old comp by myself)

pls help guys...thx..

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
ok so i did system restore...then i started my comp and after a few mins i got BSOD saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
moshel said:
ok so i did system restore...then i started my comp and after a few mins i got BSOD saying "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

This error usually occurs after the installation of a buggy device driver, system service, or BIOS.
what version of avg did you install?

OP
moshel

moshel

Padawan
i already had AVG.....its just that the program updated itself when i switched on my comp and then it asked me to restart the comp and then the problem started.....the update happens everytime i start the comp but thats mostly the virus definitions...

i suppose the version was 7.5.

abhinandh

Proud to be Linux
moshel said:
i already had AVG.....its just that the program updated itself when i switched on my comp and then it asked me to restart the comp and then the problem started.....the update happens everytime i start the comp but thats mostly the virus definitions...

i suppose the version was 7.5.

hey use ccleaner to clean the registry and temporary files and try..
does this happen even in safe mode???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom