Problem rooting Galaxy Y

When I try to root my Samsung Galaxy Y, by using "update from SD card" option present in Recovery Mode, an error appears stating that "Can't mount SD card". I have tried using a different SD too but still no solution. How can I get my phone rooted ??

I'm a beginner in rooting & using custom ROMs.

Also how about this ROM

Can i install it without rooting with above method(or any other) ?

cybersa

Broken In
First you need to root your devices.
Then install a Recovery to install a custom rom.
Guide here:
[VIDEO] WHITE-CZ Tutorial's [ROOT,UNBRICK,FLASH,RECOVERY,BOOTLOADER] ***EASY*** - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
When I try to root my Samsung Galaxy Y, by using "update from SD card" option present in Recovery Mode, an error appears stating that "Can't mount SD card".

this is exactly how you don't root. first read about rooting and flashing custom recovery, etc else you'll end up with a dead mobile.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Actually I was trying to root my phone according to this tutorial.

I tried to root my SGY using Super One Click Root, but the process hangs at Step 7

I don't know what to do now ......

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
@Sam : Download link is not working in the link given by you for Unlock root & I'm finding it difficult to find another working link. Also no working links for Z4root yet

Last edited:
OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I got a Z4root v1.3. I will try it soon.
Unlock Root 2.3 is downloading very slowly, i hope that it downloads completely...

I will post results soon...

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
u don't need to root ur phone to install this rom...
-first download the rom and place it in ur sd card only in ur sd card not in any folder

-den power off

-den VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER together..

-den Wipe data/factory reset

-den wipe cache partition

-install zip from sd card

-select the rom and then the yes among the many no's

remember that in recovery mode touchscreen wont work ... so use home button for selecting and power for back

another thing to note is that u will be automatically rooted after installing this rom

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
I'm downloading the ROM, but you all must see this....

*fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/543164_476842725666578_132639677_n.jpg

Note:My SD card contains an "update.zip" file required for rooting stock ROM

@Sam : Due to problems with my home's internet, Unlock Root's download is stopping at 99% (in fact about 80% of the files I try to download stops downloading at 99%)

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
well that error is not a problem..just download the rom and then flash it...
ask ur friend to download if u hv problems while downloading...

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Actually its a problem with most of BSNL home broadband connections. But no problem in browsing cafe(corruption). Once optic fibres are laid, problems will be solved...

I downloaded this ROM

OK, i rooted my phone with update package. Actually the problem was with memory card(8GB), which i got bundled with Nokia 5800. With my phone's bundled SD card, update was applied, now i will try custom ROMs.

ROM manager says my phone is not supported(for CWM recovery ), what should i do to install it manually ??

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
download CWM separately...
and as i said previously flashing this rom doesnt require cwm...stock recovery is fine...

P.S:dont use this rom...amal das from xda makes many roms but they are quite buggy...only weui is decent...

other good roms are creeds fusion and chobitsdigitals...

another bit of advice:
wait for a couple of months ..we may get a fully working cm port for our galaxy y...

Top Bottom