Problem installing XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have licensed Win XP installed on my laptop. I plan to upgrade it to SP2. But I get an error sometime after the installation starts which says that SP2 cannot be installed as access is denied (this error appears after SP2 has backed up files and installation of SP2 begins). It then exits saying SP2 could not be installed and SP2 is now removing files installed.

I have tried installing SP2 in Safe mode also but dat does not help. How do I come to know access to which file is being denied and how can I let SP2 access it.

Only Norton AV 2006 is running in the background (There is no way with which I can KILL NAV processes. Even Taskkill and services do not help)

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Re: Hey Dude

hitman_never_dies said:
Change ur boot screen to default and reinstall windows xp service pack 2.

how do i do that? somehow few days bak my boot screen has chngd from normal to win 2k style login

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
my friends i think the copy of os that he has been provided with the laptop might be not comptible for the conversion of sp1 to sp2.....

anandk

Distinguished Member
disable or uninstall norton. use ccleaner to clean ur pc junk. reboot. then try intalling sp2 in normal/safe mode. it shud, else akshay take the pc to ur laptop vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom