Problem in using TOMCAT APACHE SERVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeruymv1212

Broken In
hi guys,...

i am using tomcat apache server for servlet pages.....the problem i am not able to have client server communication ...i.,e my tomcat apache server is installed in port 80 .....if i fire as *ipaddress:80 in another system i am not able to access to tat page....if i have *localhost:80 then i can access in my system

please help me out of this problem.......please help in brisk manner.....its urgent guyzzzz

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I have no idea on Tomcat but when I used to host via Linux+Apache from my machine, I had to open up the port 80 on my router (and firewall, perhaps) for incoming HTTP requests, and then on it was fine, all could access it.

OP
dheeruymv1212

dheeruymv1212

Broken In
hi harsh,
U r working in linux environment....its k...but i am in windows.....wat shud i do??

also i have been thru apache home site also.....i didn't find anything related to that....n lot more searches also....so ......please help me out guyzzzzzz

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
linux, windows or your own custom OS, it doesn't matter. What is happening is when you are trying port 80 of your external IP then it's connecting to port 80 on your router. You need to forward request on port 80 of your external IP from your router to your PC.
This question has nothing to do with programming or using any OS. It's a networking problem.

OP
dheeruymv1212

dheeruymv1212

Broken In
hey got smthing into mind wit ur ans.....actual situation is i had installed apache server in port 80 n i'm doing prog'ng as its a webserver if i type ipaddress of my system where apache server is installed .....then i am not able to get the page requested in the client system........this is in detail format...........

please give the answer in detailed fashion.........not laconically.....plzzzzz

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What detail do you want?
First you need to give us the details only then can we give some answers.
What IP are you trying to connect to? Is it an external IP or internal IP? What do you get when you connect to that IP on port 80? What router you have? Have you tried port forwarding?

OP
dheeruymv1212

dheeruymv1212

Broken In
hmm its an external IP wen i type *ipaddress:80 den page cannot be displayed error mess is showing...... Router i dont have any idea abt router i am in coll network.....den wat is port forwarding??? i dont know abt tat.....

help me outttt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom