Problem in CPU Fan

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
@ Forum Friends, I am using my Desktop PC which is quite old,but it's functioning very well.

My CPU is an ancient Dual Core AMD Athlon64X2 4200+(Socket AM2;90nm soi;Windsor Core)

Problem is with the CPU Fan.
I had changed the default factory CPU cooler fan and attached a new CPU Cooler Fan by CoolerMaster model no :->DK9-7E52A-OL-GP
It was running very well for the past seven months or so,but now whenever I switch on the machine,all components spring to life,except the CPU Fan.
I had to manually rotate the fan(I am running my PC,with a side panel open for the past three months,here in Kolkata.The summer heat was unbearable:-x:twisted: a few days ago,but now despite of weak monsoon setting in at Kolkata.It's much cooler now.:-D)to start it.
The fan seems to rotate slowly at first,but eventually speeds up after a few seconds.

What is the problem?
My interior of the PC is clean as I clean thoroughly with a brush and also use a blower.The CPU Fan is clean.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
That CPU cooler is gone. If it is under warranty (most prolly 1 year from the date of purchase), RMA it. Otherwise buy a new CPU cooler.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^^Actually,the stock CPU Cooler Fan though running well is a headache to open and reset on the socket AM2+ of the motherboard,for cleaning and re-applying of fresh thermal paint.
In case of the Cooler Master CPU Cooler Fan purchased by me,the above action is just a breeze....

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

That CPU cooler is gone. If it is under warranty (most prolly 1 year from the date of purchase), RMA it. Otherwise buy a new CPU cooler.
Correctly judged @d6bmg.

I reverted back to my old stock CPU cooler from AMD...functioning and running excellent.No anxiety,no more worries(for the time being...),no increase in Temp.:)

Top Bottom