problem accessing localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi folks,

anybody here winxp geek. i am facing a problem.

I am java learner. i am now learnign jsp and servlets. to test them i use Apache Tomcat. I installed it without any problem and after starting it i had to deploy my jsps and servlets and it showed the message tha they were deployed. here the problem begins.

when ever i try point my browser to *localhost:8080 the browse pops up a username password dailogue box asking them to enter the details. as i am administrator i entered my administrator account and password but it is not accepting and displaying that i am an unauthorized user.
in box it is showing that i am going to connect to som "XDB" what it is that "XDB".
Mine is xp with sp1 and updates from autopatcher. i have also installed .net 1.1 framework. i also disabled some services through msconfig.
dose problem occur with sp1 or .net are my disabled services.
please help me out.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Are u sure u r not running any other server on that port? Try entering *127.0.0.1:8080 also.

OP
niranjan_mcarenyold
hi,

i am sure i am not running any servers at this port and tried *127.0.0.1:8080. but invain. i am also facing the problem while visiting the websites. that username password window appears and doesnot allow me access the websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom