Prob with LG CD-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboodle

Broken In
Mine's a new LG CD-R drive with 52x32x52x.
It was a breeze burning cds in it,but a few days ago I opened the side case of the cabinet.
And few days after when I tried to burn a data CD it got stuck at 2% .
It fails to buffer at all and doesn't burn anything.The drive is only making loud spinning noises.HELP!!!

q3_abhi

Youngling
See whether the power suppy cable n data cable r fixed properly. The CD-media you are using can also be faulty.

hack expert

In the zone
wel an info update is needed u just mentioned
I opened the side case of the cabinet.

wat did u exactly do if u messed with the wires then recheck them out
try reinstalling drivers
does the rom detect CD`s if yes then its workin fine mebbe ur burning software got corrupted please elaborate if u need help

zegulas

Traceur
This happened to me too. But in my case, it was due to the rewritable cd which was almost dead. BTW check ur cables and if dat dosent help then its sure shot ur cd thats faulty!!! :wink:

zegulas

Traceur
This happened to me too. But in my case, it was due to the rewritable cd which was almost dead. BTW check ur cables and if dat dosent help then its sure shot ur cd thats faulty!!! :wink:

OP
K

kaboodle

Broken In
No the blank CDs are not faulty,coz i burnt using one of the lot in another comp.
And yes i only opened the cabinet ,didn't remove or unplug any wire.Only cleaned it a bit,coz there were spider webs inside the whole cabinet.
No I used CD-R,not CD-RW.
IDE cables are stuck properly.and it's reading cds fine.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Formatting your Computer can surely solve the problem. If not then it is a hardware problem.
Try re-installing Nero or Windows or both.

hack expert

In the zone
Format ?? no dude u cannot format entire thing just coz rom `s not burning disc`s
as it is reading disc properly just try updating the drivers well usuallyuse the latest version of nero if u have it reinstall it
try updating firmware maybe it can help just google for firmware with ur model no of the writer post wat happens

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Formatting your Computer can surely solve the problem. If not then it is a hardware problem.
Try re-installing Nero or Windows or both.

No dude , never do such extreme things,just because your cds are not burning .

Okay now do this -

1. open your cabinet again . (don't be afraid man :) )

2.Check whether *all* cables attached to the CD-RW are properly & tightly fixed.

3.In the CD Burning software which you are using check whether "Buffer Underrun Protection" is enabled or not.

4.Try reinstalling the Burning software . ( use Nero if you aren't using it)

5.If your problem is still not solved check if some other program is running at the time of burning and disable it.

6.Reinstall your OS and pray to god that this works :) :) .

BTW - Use a Sony,LG CD-RW Disc for all the experimentation.

If this doesen't solve the problem try flashing the drive's firmware.

To do that , just check this out-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6269 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom