prob with broadband modem

rajiv.ganti

Broken In
I have a BSNL broadband connection.
The ADSL link of the modem always getting disconnected when i am using internet.
After a while ADSL gets established, and again disconnects. it doesnt stay even for a minute.
what i found out is that this problem i am facing at night time frequently.
During day time, this problem some time occurs but not frequently.

I contacted the service man, he came and changed the entire wiring. even then im having this problem.

what might be the problem for this and any solution for this?

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The problem may lie outside. There may be bad joints where your phone line is joined to the BSNL main line or at their junction box. The joint may be mechanically firm, but the electrical contact is often poor due to corrosion, especially in the rainy season. Phone linemen often just twist the wires together and leave them exposed to the weather. There could also be leakage to earth through accumulated dirt and moisture. See if there's anything you can check yourself near your residence.

You can also check the line condition by connecting a telephone to the line and listening for any line noise. This noise is not the hissing sound you hear on the phone when you use a phone that shares the same line with a modem using a splitter. That noise is normal. The abnormal sound is an irregular crackling sound and is best tested by connecting the phone directly to the incoming line without passing through a splitter.

OP
R

rajiv.ganti

Broken In
i hav one doubt.
does the disconnecting of the ADSL link depend on number of users using the internet in my area at same time?
i mean if there are more users, then will the ADSL get disconnected frequently?

sygeek

Technomancer
i hav one doubt.
does the disconnecting of the ADSL link depend on number of users using the internet in my area at same time?
i mean if there are more users, then will the ADSL get disconnected frequently?
nothing like that

Top Bottom