Prob HL2:Character don't respond after loading a saved game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sexy_beast

Broken In
Man, O man. U just can't understand the pain I am going through. I recently got a copy of HL2. The game ran and I was as happy as anybody. But then the nightmare came. Whenever I load a saved game, the character don't respond. Every character stand as they are statue. Earlier I can't figure out it. But then I saved a game inside the train. When I loaded it The 2 persons weren't even moving. They are stand still. And then even at new game(in the same session) the same thing happened. Even the man who lectured at the start(in the cutscene) become a statue.His eyes didn't move.
The doors get opened. I could pick up things but couldn't interact with the staues.I had to restart the game to play again from the start. But I can't finish the game without saving. Its p!ssing me off. I felt like crying. HELP ME guys, help me. Or I will sucide.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hi beast , do this
open the console in the game
and write ai_disable 0...and that will turn the ai back on and solve the problem.

OP
S

sexy_beast

Broken In
tarey_g said:
hi beast , do this
open the console in the game
and write ai_disable 0...and that will turn the ai back on and solve the problem.

Looks like I am getting a solution. How to open a console.
Thnks in advance 8) :lol:

sumitava_b

In the zone
@sexy_beast: What is this? :?: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20897

Seems like you are opening similar threads in different forums. Is'nt it spamming? Better be careful, buddy..............

D

dinesh_singh

solution

same happened with me....i think its a pirated version problem
i think when you load a save game you must be getting a message on the middle of screen that node graphics are out of date....and another message at the right bottom of the screen that AI disabled.
SOLUTION:-
so all i did was that i changed my system date to the date i saved that perticular part of the game.
that is if you loaded the save1.sav saved on 23-04 then change ur system date to 23-04 and the same year too.it will work perfactly fine.
and other but not a sure shot method.
just copy all your save files to another location and delete the save folder.
then run the game from start.and exit from the game so that the save directory rebuilds again.then copy ur previous save files to the newly built directiry and it will 98% work.

i had to play the whole game like this.....but my method was the one i described first.
i tried my best but culdnt find any other way.

you have to do it everytime before you play the game...so change the date to the save game date everytime you play the game.

pirated version wonnt be having date after thesave game line.....so you have to stress ur mind and try to remember the day you saved that part of the game and then change the system date to that only.
if any problems arise again do reply

mahesh_n

Right off the assembly line
Re: Prob HL2:Character don't respond after loading a saved g

hi there it is the problem with the pirated version
but the solution suggested by others abt remembering dates is simply ridiculous
just do the following

search for a file name autoexec.cfg in the installed folder take a backup to a seperate folder
now open the file in notepad and replace the contents with the ones i am typing below and save it now the game will work fine

HL2 rulez i ahave aready finished it ,awesome game man

bind "F5" "ai_elevator"
alias "ai_elevator" "save elevator fix;wait;wait;wait;wait;load elwvator fix"
ai_norebuildgraph "1"
ai_disable "0"
ai_resume

enjoy

:D

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
@ sexy_beast
Before posting new thread please go thru forum rules, its not allowed to discuss pirated games in forum..... and if the game HALO is not pirated simply get it replaced from the place u have bought.....:)

c00l

Broken In
u must have tried cheating n disabled the AI
but the problem is it also disables friendly AI n u cant move forward in the storyline
try disabling it or use other cheats only

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
wizrulz said:
@ sexy_beast
Before posting new thread please go thru forum rules, its not allowed to discuss pirated games in forum..... and if the game HALO is not pirated simply get it replaced from the place u have bought.....:)

HALO!!!!!!!

Marc Z

Broken In
lol. wrong game wizrulz!

anyway, if you got the pirated version keep it to yourself and don't go asking for help in legit forums (like this one). if you can't find the solution on your own (from the net that is) you don't deserve to play the game.

[i'm very annoying. i know.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom