Printing solution : print+scan

doomgiver

Warframe
I need a printer for light usage (about ~20-30 pages a week, but usage is erratic, and i need instant prints, else i'd just have gone to the "bhaiyya"), and a scanner for rare useage (like a few times a month).

what do you guys suggest?

i've heard that inkjets plain suck, and its better to go with laser printers.

should i buy a printer only, and forget about the scanner?

budget ~5-7k

saswat23

Human Spambot
Go for a laser printer now. You can get RICOH Laser Pirnter for ~3k.
If you need a scanner too then get an All In One printer for ~3.5k

- - - Updated - - -

Get this one:
*www.shopclues.com/ricoh-aficio-sp-...-price-refillable-toner-1-year-warranty..html

Mr.V

Journeyman
I would suggest frm HP as they have the best build and features, and cartridge/toner refilling is easy.
If you print atleast one page a week, then an all in one printer is the best for you. Grab one for 3-4k and advanced one for 5-7k.
Else, just monochrome printing and no scanning, the HP 1020Plus is the best laser printer you can get :)

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
sorry, Mr. V, but im not going to touch any HP product.

laptop : started misbehaving in after 10-13 months (ie, screen flicker, battery used to run out very fast, extreme overheating)
keyboard + mouse : didnt last a year (keys got stuck, mouse was "double clicking", scrollwheen useless)
webcam : dead in 2 months. (dunno how this died, lol, it just stopped working)

printer (not mine, of relative's) : had paper feed problems from the start, and had to be finally replaced after 4 weeks.

im gonna be printing stuff right off the web. dont need very high quality, but must be economical.

thanks for your imputs.

saswat23

Human Spambot
HP provides quality printers no doubt but try RICOH and you will know how economical it is over HP. With RICOH you can easily refill the printer with genuine toner pouch from RICOH only. And refill pouch costs Rs.650 and gives around 2000 pages. You wont ever get such facility for HP or any other brands. AFAIK you need to change the entire toner in HP and if you mod it to refill then you void the warranty.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
+1 to above. i have used 6 hp printers (3 inkjet & 3 laser) in my last job and all of them worked like a charm. we used them in such a manner that the seller twice said - sir, are you people crazy? :D total paisa vasool.

OP
doomgiver

doomgiver

Warframe
i've had a bad experience with hp, but if you guys are sure that the printer will deliver, im willing to take a chance.

however, is Ricoh a trusted company? i dont mind taking a chance, but its not me, its my ATM thats averse to taking a risk (fathers, lol)

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i think ricoh is a trusted company. the dealer with who i have bought items since 1997 is selling them. i am thinking of buying one only because of refill option available with it as that will be economical. i will be using it to print legal writ petitions so will be printing it lot many pages. though i am yet to get a confirmation from my dealer as he will be the one providing help in warranty / after sales support and in that i am completely satisfied with him.

icebags

Technomancer
Ricoh Aficio SP 100 Mono Laser Printer - Buy Online @ Rs.2649/- | Snapdeal.com

Ricoh B and W Multifunction - Aficio SP 100SU Multifunction Laser Printer - Buy Online @ Rs.6270/- | Snapdeal.com

i have the same mfd. ricoh is a very old and reputed company, i think based in singapore.....

Top Bottom