Printer not working after Anniversary update of Windows 10

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Printer not working after Anniversary update of Windows 10+other issues

Hi Guys,

I shared a Canon LBP 2900B printer connected to Windows 10 laptop to a system with Windows XP computer using the steps as mentioned in the links below(check in the order of the links)-

How to connect Windows XP to printer connected to Windows 10 Pro - Super Use

How to share a printer on Windows 10 without homegroups? - Super Use

Add Shared Printer as a Local Printer :: Admin :: Admin Tips :: Windows 7 :: Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000/XP/NT Administrator Knowledge Base :: KBase Tips :: WindowsNetworking.com

Now the laptop updated to Windows 10 Anniversary update yesterday and this thing has been messed up. I am getting an error print server is down in Windows XP machine. But when I open the ip of xp machine in Windows 10 I can see the Canon icon there and the print command given in xp but it is not getting transferred to 10. I opened up the properties of the printer in 10 and after the update share this printer column was unticked, I have ticked it but the error is still the same. The workgroup name is also the same. What should I do now?

[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION]
Your valuable advice is needed brothers.

Thanks

Last edited:

Tomal

Broken In
Have you tried updating the driver software of your printer? If it's a no, then you should. If there is no update yet then please wait for a week or so, I think the product manufacture will release an update as a solution.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Have you tried updating the driver software of your printer? If it's a no, then you should. If there is no update yet then please wait for a week or so, I think the product manufacture will release an update as a solution.

I think that the issue is with the Windows Update, it has changed all settings and everything. Updating driver of the printer makes no sense. Moreover there are no more updates of the printer drivers.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows Anniversary update has some major changes so only thing one can do is wait for another update to address this issue either from MS or printer manufacturer.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Windows Anniversary update has some major changes so only thing one can do is wait for another update to address this issue either from MS or printer manufacturer.

Anniversary update sucks. The system is very very slow now and the booting time has also increased. Is it advisable to restore the system to some previous date? And any idea when MS will release a patch or an update to fix issues in this update?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
i too felt the startup is slightly slower after the update. Will suggest you to wait for a month or two for the next update, if not possible then better revert to a old restore point, for your work. I have no idea when the next update will come. I would suggest you to check all the share settings once again. Try making the network Private and see if it works.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
i too felt the startup is slightly slower after the update. Will suggest you to wait for a month or two for the next update, if not possible then better revert to a old restore point, for your work. I have no idea when the next update will come. I would suggest you to check all the share settings once again. Try making the network Private and see if it works.

Not only the boot time but the system is very very slow overall. Even when I am just browsing the internet. If I revert to the restore point created just before the update, then will I loose all the files created/downloaded, like pdf, doc etc., after the update?

Are there any troubleshooting steps which should be followed to speed up the system?

Last edited:
OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Upgrade may get installed fine but after few win 10 updates your old printers, usb .... Windows 10 users report freezing PCs after Anniversary update. for help 123hp printer setup

That link has nothing to do with the printer of our brand. So, it is of no help.

When I open process the disk usage goes to 60>70>90>100>99% with nano seconds. What could cause the slowness of the system?
*oi66.tinypic.com/258sbad.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Upgrade may get installed fine but after few win 10 updates your old printers, usb .... Windows 10 users report freezing PCs after Anniversary update. for help 123hp printer setup

That link has nothing to do with the printer of our brand. So, it is of no help.

When I open process the disk usage goes to 60>70>90>100>99% with nano seconds. What could cause the slowness of the system?
*oi66.tinypic.com/258sbad.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION] [MENTION=138367]TheSloth[/MENTION]

Check these links-

pc slow after anniversary update of windows 10 - Google Searc

*betanews.com/2016/08/08/big-problems-windows-10-anniversary-update/

*windowsreport.com/slow-boot-anniversary-update/

*betanews.com/2016/08/03/free-up-hard-drive-space-in-windows-10-anniversary-update/

*www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59112-very-slow-boot-after-anniversary-update.html

Regarding free space in 4th link, is it recommended? And check the post by tiku in the 5th link, is that also recommended? The current virtual memory allocation in my system 2304mb whereas the recommended is 1899mb. Should I downgrade it?

- - - Updated - - -

Printer working now. The update messed up all the firewall, networking settings.

Any help for the slowness of the system?
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] brother please look into this.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
link 4 suggests removing previous windows installations to free up disk space which is alright but then one can not go back to previous version if need arises.
link 5 suggests same thing & setting virtual memory to manual instead of automatic/system managed.You can try setting manually virtual memory to 1gb(if laptop already has 4gb ram) to see if it helps.

Top Bottom