Printer driver not installing

BrainKiller

Right off the assembly line
I have a HP psc1310 which I want to install on my Dell laptop having Win7. But when I try to install using CD it informs me that I need to be logged in as administrator. There is only one account in the pc & it is obviously administrator account. This problem resurfaces when I try to open regedit, where it again tells me to log in as admin. I did not have antivirus at first, (I do not use this pc often, only now as my desktop is not working I am using it), after having this problem I downloaded avast and scanned for viruses. I deleted all viruses found but the problem still persists. I also cannot open my task manager which is shown as being disabled by admin. It is greyed out when I right click my taskbar.
Please HELP!!!

OP
B

BrainKiller

Right off the assembly line
Have tried all of that, doesn't work. It says,"The Run As command will not work for this installation. Please log in as administrator" or something like that.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"I also cannot open my task manager which is shown as being disabled by admin. It is greyed out when I right click my taskbar."

What! Dude, that is a Sure Sign of your system being infected with a deathly and most infamous Virus. (or a Trojan, I am not sure).
You can try running any antivirus which you think is strongest. But eventually you may just have to Format!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Have tried all of that, doesn't work. It says,"The Run As command will not work for this installation. Please log in as administrator" or something like that.

It's a Trojan. Install any trojan remover software (i.e. trojan remover) & run a full scam ASAP.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
@OP first run an AV scan secondly PSC 1310 is very old if i am correct the original CD may not have the drivers for Win7 if so u can download it from here
HP PSC 1310 All-in-One Printer series -  Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

Top Bottom