Price of Sony DVD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
sony drives are now made by liteon
dont fo for a sony dvd rom drive even if u get them now ...
their performance isnt that gr8
liteon price = same as quoted above

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
theraven said:
samsung = worst on the planet

man yes
i bought a samsung cd writer
a samsung cd rom now replaced with a liteon dvd rom
but still i have this worthless samsung writer
performance wise is ok
but the worst thing is that god damn tray
i dont know why samsung hasnt yet rectified this freaking problem
1st my cd rom gave me the tray problem
it never opened with that eject button
i had kept a needle with me
so anytime i wanted to use the cd rom had to use that needle to open the tray
now that i was just feeling good (replaced it with a liteon dvd rom)
now the freaking cd writer tray is gone kaput
it jammes anytime
man i was gonna buy a liteon writer but my computer dude told me samung is giving a 1yr warranty
and i fell for it
and man iam suffering now
:x

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
cheetah said:
Kindly tell me the cost of 2-3 different Combo drives like LG,Samsung,Sony
LG = rs. 2600-2700
Samsung = rs. 2400

theraven said:
So Raven u are going to hear my side of story... :p

I have two rom drives Which are both samsung... a cd and a dvd rom.

The cd rom drive is more than 5 years and three months old and still it plays all my Cd's well. But i must say, it has tray problems which was developed for the past 5 months or so, even then when there is a Cd inside the tray, it opens and closes normally. So i keep a CD everytime inside the rom so no problems.

Now about the DVD rom, i brought it amid wide criticisim who say samsung rom's sucks..., i had a cd rom which is good and so i brought the DVD rom before 8 months and till now no signs of problem.

I guess many would not agree with me but still i maintain samsung rom is good, if not the best.....

So the next time if i play to buy a Rom (perhaps DVD writer) then i would surely go for samsung only.

techno_funky said:
lol
never used any pins for my roms....
the dvd rom is as smooth as silk. :D

saROMan

QA Juggler
well i have a SOny Combo..costed me 3K ..but i must say....performence ...gr8...no problems..yet.....yah Samsung..is very much prone..to Tray...problems.....

vijaythefool

In the zone
Samsung

Hey did some one prase samsung ! did some one !

i bought that crap device from digit and worked just for a Day Guys
i got it delivered on 28/12/04 used it that night the very next morning it never worked !

hope ill get a free service or else i am gonna get a bomb !

Stay away from samsung go for pioneer its just superb!

krisjr

In the zone
saROMan said:
well i have a SOny Combo..costed me 3K ..but i must say....performence ...gr8...no problems..yet.....yah Samsung..is very much prone..to Tray...problems.....

hi.
i just bought a samsung cd rw for 1375.is there any tray problem still.I fell for the brand and 1yr free service.do let me know

krisjr

In the zone
drgrudge said:
cheetah said:
Kindly tell me the cost of 2-3 different Combo drives like LG,Samsung,Sony
LG = rs. 2600-2700
Samsung = rs. 2400

theraven said:
So Raven u are going to hear my side of story... :p

I have two rom drives Which are both samsung... a cd and a dvd rom.

The cd rom drive is more than 5 years and three months old and still it plays all my Cd's well. But i must say, it has tray problems which was developed for the past 5 months or so, even then when there is a Cd inside the tray, it opens and closes normally. So i keep a CD everytime inside the rom so no problems.

Now about the DVD rom, i brought it amid wide criticisim who say samsung rom's sucks..., i had a cd rom which is good and so i brought the DVD rom before 8 months and till now no signs of problem.

I guess many would not agree with me but still i maintain samsung rom is good, if not the best.....

So the next time if i play to buy a Rom (perhaps DVD writer) then i would surely go for samsung only.

techno_funky said:
lol
never used any pins for my roms....
the dvd rom is as smooth as silk. :D
hi.
i just bought a samsung cd rw for 1375.is there any tray problem still.I fell for the brand and 1yr free service.do let me know

theraven

Technomancer
well damage is already done
now just pray
that urs is a case like grudges and the drive doesnt fail on u
thats all i can say

drgrudge

Haha.. wait and see if the rom develops any problem..., ppl here @ digit forums are fed up with my samsung praising :p

Anyways mine is working well, both CD( tray problems after 5 yrs) and DVD (no problems till now, 8 months old).

Dude samsung may have tray problems but it can play sensitive Disks too, even with a certain amount of cracks. DVD rom can play crack disk upto 3mm.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
BenQ DVD ROM is also a good product. just bought it last month. the only dvd rom brand available in my city( VNS) :( . The market is flooded with dvd writers.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
me 2 have xperience with samsung drives, both +ve & -ve

+ve being the reading skills of the drive is the best... even error-prone cds... which LG drives can't even GUESS :lol:

-ve being bad tray job... the stupid thing got stuck in the 1st year itself, even though i used it carefully.... with the actual "open close pattern" by using the switch only.. not pressing the tray inside manually

Can anyone guide me on DVDWriters.. samsung or lg...

Does the samsung dvdwriter have the tray problems... & does the lg dvdwriter have reading problems...?

Can i get both answers? I've 2 buy either one... BenQ is havin Stale Stocks here.. not gettin sold.. most probably because of some probs...

Need comments on all 3...

OP
bizzare_blue

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
sony DVD-ROM

I bought a SONY DVD-ROM for Rs. 2000 n think I did a big mistake...anyways It IS workin fine as of now....

I too had problems with Samsung CD-Rom drive ......I had 2 buy a second CD-ROM drive wen the 1st 1 failed.....both of them have tray probs

Can anyone tell me a way by which my DVD-ROM drive will LIVE longer.....

drgrudge

Dude, liteon /sony or benq are the best rom's when we compare to the other ones...

U can get a benq writer for rs. 4000 (8X) and rs. 4500 (16X).

It is the cheapest and dont have the tray problems as well.

WE can aslo get it done to dual layer with help of firmware, which the company do themselves...

Vyasram

The pWnster
I too have one of these worst things in the planet .My samsung cd writer has tray problems and it writes cds well but it is very selective in reading. it likes only gold plated cds then i sent it to a service centre and they just ruined it further :cry: Now it still reads only gold plated cds but it rejects them even if there is a single small scratch .Once i tried to read a very important cd but it didnt read so i tried again and again :( finally it bursted inside into pieces. :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom