Previewing Uncomplete torrent Video Files ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya1987

Extheist
Previewing Incomplete torrent Video Files ?

Hello friends!

I just wanted to know, is there any software for previewing incomplete torrent video files without damaging/corrupting the file?

Waiting for your reply...:p

Last edited:

gaurav816

Broken In
you can watch incompleted video file some time depend on torrent file, just right click on video file and open with which software you use for watch video.

Bandu

Journeyman
Depends on the torrent client that you are using and whether that client allows you to prioritize parts of the file pieces.

I have not done this, but heard about it. In some clients, you can specify which part gets a higher priority. If you download a couple (or more depending on the entire file size) parts first, you can open the incomplete video file in VLC Media player, which should play it - might not play it perfect, but should be good enough to get a preview.

I use BitLord, and many a times, I've tried opening a 80% complete file with VLC. Worked most (or I think all) of the times so far.

Opening the file in any media player will not damage/corrupt it, thats for sure. The file is always open for read operation. Moreover, your BitTorrent client must have already acquired a write lock on that file, so no worries. Even if some s/w tries to modify / corrupt, it won't be able to.

Bandu

Journeyman
Is it the same box that says "Repairing will take some time". Say no to that dialog box. With that, the file should start playing, but you won't be able to seek forward or rewind. If the file does not play at all, then you have to wait some more for some more %% of the file to complete.

OP
aditya1987

aditya1987

Extheist
Is it the same box that says "Repairing will take some time". Say no to that dialog box. With that, the file should start playing, but you won't be able to seek forward or rewind. If the file does not play at all, then you have to wait some more for some more %% of the file to complete.

Yhanks for your reply!!! I will check it out!:D

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
+1 for VLC in windows. i use it when i need to preview movies during downloading.. Mplayer is another choice for Mac

maindola

Broken In
Just go to the location where incomplete file is placed. Use VLC player to open it. If its ask for reparing, say no.

This works most of the time. :)

mayankks0604

Right off the assembly line
Re: Previewing Incomplete torrent Video Files ?

Hello friends!

I just wanted to know, is there any software for previewing incomplete torrent video files without damaging/corrupting the file?

Waiting for your reply...:p
\
\

dude!! u can do one thing go to preferences under torrent window.....
den click on advanced den from drop down menu u see for bt.prio_first_last_piece.....
make d value true of dat option..... so after dat it will first of all download d first
n last piece of video files.... den u'll b able to see little bit preview of video files.....

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
for one thing prioritize the first and last pieces of a video file, you will be able to preview it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom