Preview + Feedback [May 2011]

echoplxx

Journeyman
Everywhere Tech

*img685.imageshack.us/img685/8228/digitcovermay2011800px.jpg
Whether you travel with it, or travel for it. Technology is a tool you can't live without

In this issue you'll find
Must visit destinations for the geek shopper
Tech you should use when travelling
Is Windows Phone 7 any match for Android?
Tablets to look forward to in 2011

*img714.imageshack.us/img714/9826/fasttrackcovermayhr.jpg
Fast Track to Android SDK - Gets you started with the Android SDK, and helps you understand the ecosystem from a business perspective

Coding in the clouds - Web development is becoming increasingly popular, so why not develop right in the cloud as well?

Careers in RIA development - What is RIA? Can one look forward to a career in RIA development as a tempting prospect?
We tell you how

Digital camera test - We’re testing some of the most popular ones
available and helping you choose one

World View - How to Buy the Best tablet + best of Wired

Faster computing Redux - We take you further up the computing
tunnel to bring you updates on technologies that are closer at hand

SKOAR!
Dragon Age 2 - Does it manage to garner some impressive accolades from us? Find out
Crysis 2 - We tell whether the latest from Crytek really lives up to its expectations or not
De Blob 2 - May seem like an elaborate painting game, but more of a platformer than that
Top Spin 4 - Intuitive and adaptable control system

New Section Space Age - Your devices are doomed and you may be too! Get to know how

6 HD DTH services compared - With so many High Definition Direct-To-Home
players in the market offering a variety of packages, how do you choose ‘The One’?

Agent001 – Gaming consoles

Tips and Tricks
Google Chrome
Firefox 4
NTFS
Registry
Useful tools for Twitter

Buzz - Firefox 4.0 up close

Fastest graphics cards on the planet - NVIDIA GTX 590 and XFX Radeon HD6990
The war for supremacy rages on!

Bazaar
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc - Redefining sleekness but what else?
Dell Venue - Sluggish beauty
Dell Venue Pro - Second sighting
HTC Desire Z - When Z means a keypad
HTC Desire HD - A fading flagship
Olympus E-5 - 12.3 MP Four-Thirds DSLR camera
HP Envy 3D 17 - Owners Envy, or owners pride?

On the DVDs

*img638.imageshack.us/img638/7965/dvdalphamay2011800px.jpg
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Android + Blackberry apps
Ubuntu 11.04 Beta
Berkeley University Course - The Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
Tech Docs - 10 Fundamental Concepts For PowerShell Scripting
10 KDE 4 Desktop Widgets To Make You More Productive and more...

Live Android distro for PC
Portable apps special
4 Full movies includes First Orbit
Video Game Reunion Episode 1 to 3
+ new episode of Pioneer One

*img269.imageshack.us/img269/6355/dvdomegamay2011800.jpg

Gaming
Black Mirror 3 demo
FlightGear 2.0
Red Eclipse
Subvein
Kodu Game Lab
Marvel Super Heroes - Melee Edition and more +
Dragon Age 2 Patch, Portal - Factum Solus Mod, Portal 2: Lab Rat Comic

For list of full DVD contents click here

Last edited:

Anand_Tux

Journeyman
I do not own a Android phone so I will be looking to try out the Live Android distro for PC before buying any android phone.

sygeek

Technomancer
Great! I missed the Fast Track To Android in March, but this month's fast track is just exactly what i wanted. Cover and the contents looks great (Aw crap! Ubuntu 11.04 beta, the final just got released on 28th). I'll look forward to buying it online if there are any discount vouchers.

Great issue. Awesome contents and I see many users requests are fulfilled now. I am glad I did subscribed to the magazine last month. Hope to receive the issue soon. Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cover looks great and Digi cam test and win 7 Sp1 FTW ! - Time to learn something new from Tips and tricks section ;-)

I read the whole magazine as I had nothing else to do for 24 hours in train. :D

I loved the HD-DTH , Digicam articles and " Tech you should use when travelling " . That was very useful for a lot of people and the first thing I will do is download offline maps . Another Interesting thing that came in my mind was the battery life of phones while using GPS tend to fall like a pack of cards so me and my friend had no answer to that . But that is something for another day.

Also , lots of requests are coming in for games reviews and ratings . A good addition that will be .

sygeek

Technomancer
I read the whole magazine as I had nothing else to do for 24 hours in train. :D

I loved the HD-DTH , Digicam articles and " Tech you should use when travelling " . That was very useful for a lot of people and the first thing I will do is download offline maps . Another Interesting thing that came in my mind was the battery life of phones while using GPS tend to fall like a pack of cards so me and my friend had no answer to that . But that is something for another day.

Also , lots of requests are coming in for games reviews and ratings . A good addition that will be .
Yeah, that's the best time-pass on a train journey

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
I am requested these software from March 1)Matrius Linux Os
2)OWASP Live Linux CD Project.U CAN CHK By Demand thread of March,April,May

Please understand that while making a request keep in mind to request for stuff which is useful for the entire community by and large. Apps/ distros weighing over a GB which solve the needs of a handful people doesn't do justice to the rest of the readers. However every now and then special requests are fulfilled as well (like I included backtrack which you had asked for)and I add light weight apps taken from this thread on a regular basis. While bundling requests from By Demand page I keep in mind to pick stuff which is popular and in demand for that month. Based on this the content requested by you guys is added to the DVDs. Hope this brings some clarity.

I haven't received any confirmation email regarding the dispatch details of the magazine. When can I expect the magazine to be delivered ? Already emailed the details to help@thinkdigit.com but haven't rec'd any response. Thanks.

Ross

Daydream Believer
I was eagerly waiting for Win7 SP1 but sadly the Win7 SP1 you've included in this month's DVD seems only for 32 bit systems or atleast it didnt work on my system. :-(
Will you be including 64 bit version in next issue(June)..??

Top Bottom