Preview + Feedback [June 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sygeek

Technomancer
That makes me one of the last reader they care about, I expect the same above quality. I'm fuzzing annoyed!

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Got my mag today and it too came in beautiful condition, though not as beautiful as sriharsha's copy.

*img708.imageshack.us/img708/7439/20110607002.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/1508/20110607003.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Looks like this is the reason for the discounts on pre-orders it seems, specially handcrafted magazines :banghead:

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
haha. yes. I almost clicked on yearly subscription but wanted to check how the delivery etc is. I will stick to the buy-from-stands subscription :)

Don't know about delivery issues to Bangalore, but I suffered a lot when I opted for 2years subscription a few years back. Horrible experience, Magazine used to reach on last week of every month, that too after repeated calls to Digit/courier office, with the amount spent on these calls, I would have subscribed for some other magazine for a year :oops:

And I don't understand what's the point in opening a feedback thread & no one from team digit seems to be active in this thread to address issues!!!!!!!!!!!!

sygeek

Technomancer
Don't know about delivery issues to Bangalore, but I suffered a lot when I opted for 2years subscription a few years back. Horrible experience, Magazine used to reach on last week of every month, that too after repeated calls to Digit/courier office, with the amount spent on these calls, I would have subscribed for some other magazine for a year :oops:

And I don't understand what's the point in opening a feedback thread & no one from team digit seems to be active in this thread to address issues!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last week of every month?! Hey damn digit, if you're planning to do the same with me than screw you, I'm breaking up with you.

I don't understand why so much hype about magazine rec'd in bad condition ? We all are humans and mistakes do happen. Why cant you guys just email the digit team.

@desiibond you are the moderator, you know digit guys very well. I never expected from you to crib here.

I am subscriber from last 2-3 years and I usually receive my copies within 2-4 business days, though the maximum time is 5-7 business days. I did faced same issues like you but digit team is helpful in replacing stuff.

If you guys don't care about the discount, you should not have opted for the Anniversary edition online.

Just chill, and drop an email to help@thinkdigit.com. It will help you instantly rather than posting it here and than flaming it further.

I rec'd my copies in perfect condition :D So have a right to say all this :p

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Last week of every month?! Hey damn digit, if you're planning to do the same with me than screw you, I'm breaking up with you.

That was long back man ~2007 or 2008 when it was still with Jasubhai Media. Don't know about the exact situation now, but I took a trail subscription for 3 months in 2010 & it was delivered ~ 8-10th of every month, but had some damage or the other.

For peace of mind, I prefer getting it from the stands. That said I have stopped reading Digit these days, content quality is not the same as it used to be in its hay day. I get only the special issues now.

I don't understand why so much hype about magazine rec'd in bad condition ? We all are humans and mistakes do happen. Why cant you guys just email the digit team.

@desiibond you are the moderator, you know digit guys very well. I never expected from you to crib here.

I am subscriber from last 2-3 years and I usually receive my copies within 2-4 business days, though the maximum time is 5-7 business days. I did faced same issues like you but digit team is helpful in replacing stuff.

If you guys don't care about the discount, you should not have opted for the Anniversary edition online.

Just chill, and drop an email to help@thinkdigit.com. It will help you instantly rather than posting it here and than flaming it further.

I rec'd my copies in perfect condition :D So have a right to say all this :p
Too many bad experiences with subscription(Late deliveries, Damaged Mag, Scratched DVD's, Broken etc) & hence the crib :)

No replies to the email as well, even linked my forum post in that mail.

UPDATE :
Forum goes down for a while & I get a call from Digit, asking if I need a replacement copy ;) :p

Last edited:

rahul_c

Journeyman
Got it yesterday, not read completely yet (usually I complete a issue in 1-2 sittings but this one is too much). A request for team digit - please make packaging portable. I had hard time fitting it on my bag, had to fold it at last.
Great work on issue though, awesome articles and DVD content. Totally worth Rs 250!

sygeek

Technomancer
I will get my copy in a week, at least that's what the Digit help guy said.

Anyone got an email regarding Digit apology? I'm one of the unlucky 30% of users who haven't received the digit yet.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
I will get my copy in a week, at least that's what the Digit help guy said.

Anyone got an email regarding Digit apology? I'm one of the unlucky 30% of users who haven't received the digit yet.

Yes, I've got the email regarding Digit apology. I haven't received my subscriber copy and the bad thing is that it will take 7 to 10 more days to get the issue in my hand.

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys, this edition has all the old editions in pdf right? If so, I'll buy it, else don't feel like paying 250/- for a mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom