[Preview+Feedback] June 2005 Magazine - Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

armourlength

Right off the assembly line
Broadband has arrived

Dear Mr. Kalbag & Team digit,

CONGRATULATIONS for completing 4 successful years as India's Best Tech Mag.
You guys are still unbeatable!

I was surprised to find some of the old team members like Bhavesh, Ahmed & Sumod all gone.
Convergence is truly going to be a part of our lives, but I fear that factors like cost, infrastructure for setting it up in mass & compatibility will pose a problem in the Indian market.

It was a real disappointment for me to read the editorial "Broadband, Narrow minds".
Right now in India, broadband Internet is not restricted only through cable.
With BSNL entering the ring with reasonable costs & good service as well no headache of extra cable laying & wiring hassles.
I see no reason for people to wait for ISPs to give Broadband through cables.
I live in a region od Ahmedabad where none of the ISPs Satyam, Icenet provide broadband service even after 2 years of its existence in Ahmedabad.
The option was to go in for either for Tata or Reliance but their offers weren't attractive enough.

But BSNL gave me a 256 Kbps connection for 500/- a month (3100/- initial costs ) on my telephone line in 3 days from the inception in Ahmedabad and it was a perfect option for a normal home users.
So I don't get the point that people living in big cities like Mumbai should be at the mercy of their MSO for a broadband connection. Even my cable guy promised me that broadband was just 6 months away 2 years ago!
I find no fault in BSNL's service and advice every one concerned to go in for a Dataone subscription.
Broadband has arrived and we can safely discard our 56 kbps modems and surf without any anchors.

Warm regards

Nitin Gajjar
armourlength@gmail.com

raj14

In Deniel
Hey, nice issue! Happy anniversary, but how come there were no game videos? Or wallpapers? The Flash interface was also intuitive. How about giving us: Fast Track: Tweaking Your System. Include tips like Registry editing, Boosting performance etc. Also, Include some real games. All the game content was *copied* from CH**. What happened to you guys giving Some Original Content? And, if you plan to give Full Games like: MM, please provide them in a plastic cover......

raj14

In Deniel
@santosh: dude, i totally agree, the HTML rocked! Flash just feels a little out-of-place. The menu design was also mighty confusing, there are no categories this time. Which maked Searching for a specific software cumbersome. Please Digit dudes, give us our good ol' HTML back!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Issue is good, but 100 bucks extra for just 2 CDs??? That's too steep for most of the users' liking, I think.

Hope the December special would cost 150.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Nice Issue. THE FASTtrack book is cool!.
Good Work.
ANd YEs ! VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.. I own every anniversary issue except the first and this is surely MEGA.. Anyways, I have still not rec'd my mag.. Any idea, when will I receive them ? ? ?

collinsangelo

Congratulation on your anniversary.. and keep up the good work.. The price is on the higher side but i think digit is worth it.

I also saw that most of the softwares on the dvd are repeated from the older digit dvds. Try to bring new softwares and a litttle more of entertainment stuff in the dvd..

once again , KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..

naveenchandran

In the zone
I recieved the book today (11.06.2005). But there were NO CD's or DVD's with the magazine.
Raboo Plz look into this immediately.

Expecting your reply Soon.

V.Naveen Chandran
22/9 Rajeev Nagar
Behind Siva Complex,
Hosur 635109.
Tamilnadu
naveenchandranv @ gmail.com

pkjha30

I visited this site after a long time. Given the reputation that you have this website is awful. It sucks. Improve and pay as much attention to it as you pay to your wonderful mag which I am reading since its inception.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
naveenchandran said:
I recieved the book today (11.06.2005). But there were NO CD's or DVD's with the magazine.
Raboo Plz look into this immediately.

Expecting your reply Soon.

V.Naveen Chandran
22/9 Rajeev Nagar
Behind Siva Complex,
Hosur 635109.
Tamilnadu
naveenchandranv @ gmail.com

Please email our helpdesk and CC a mail to me as well, we'll send you the discs asap. Looks like a case of a courier guy / postman who's also a digit fan ;)

helpdesk: help at jasubhai dot com
me: robert_smith@jasubhai.com

Raaabo

grafixguru

Hi Raboo,

Congrats digit for completing 4 yrs.

But I am not happy with your service, today is 12th till I didnt get the June month magazine.

Digit is four year experienced still its giving very bad service.

thanks
Grafixguru

bala4digit

Journeyman
oh ...congrats digit....four for years...succesful completion...n givin headache to ur competitors....................now....i wanna clear u all digit team guys tat iam not ur competitor...iam ur fan.....actually the headache u gave me was the MM2 cd / MM1 cd confusion......first of all my confession:i hava huge LUST 4 games....n MM2 was on my list.....wen i saw the cover of digit[june2005] there it was 4 free...i tot i shud not miss this opprtunity ......i tot how lucky iam[but later i was fooled.].....i cried to my dad 4 2days to shell out rs.200 [not much 4 many ppl here.....but 4 me a huge amnt]......then he agreed ....i merrily bot the issue....congratulating myself 4 buying at a gud time n not shellin extra bucks 4 MM2......my hands itching all the way to home to tear the cover.....controlled myself.....went to home.....switched on the pc to play MM2.........so now the first part....opened the cover lika kid....searched the MM2 cd....oh there is my baby....hey!!!! but wait....this cd has the print of MM1 .....my world crashed there.....200 bucks gone[ok not completely in the drain....the magazine was lotsa use as usuallee].....gathered my myself.....hoped tat it wud be a cd label mistake....[just hopes stayed with me in the end].......i opened the cd....not it was not MM2...its just MM1.....still my inner spirits fighted back....hopes......hopes..hoped tat it wud becum MM2...after installing n loading..[yeah....very kiddish]....no it wasn/t .....now....hopes....spirits....everything dead....yeah even my lust 4 MM2.......cried.....cried.....cried....Y? DIGIT Y? DIGIT? JUST Y? Y only at tat time wen i buy?.....Y it always happens with me ????......my parents consoled me....told me tat they must b having a customer service.....ask 4 help frm them......rebirth of hopes...n spirits..... [those 2 doomed].....called them ....Ms.Amarjit Kaur.....talked.....she said sumthing which u will not beleive......SORRY,ITS A PRINTING MISTAKE SIR.......was tat a joke[i didn't ask this].....[Printing mistake is a error which occurs while printing lots of lines n paras small in size...which is usually neglible.....but here it was in bold letters nd even with...a photo....now puhlss dear friends don't tell me tat it was a photographic n large printing mistake.].i said.....how can u say tat?....pls do sumthin.....she said after sumtime tat can u call us after 2 days...v will arrange sumthing 4 u[the conversation is not xcat as it was made months b4 but the name n the printing mistk part is xact]....then i called after 2 days....reply was....still the cd's has nt cum yet after a week it shud be ready....sins even i live in nerul...started my scooter...vroom....stopped at their Jasubhai office.....receiopnist nd a guy askd wat do u want....me says...wanna meet Ms.Amarjit Kaur....she says...wait...calls...speaks..finishes the conversation....says 2 me ...wait .....i sat on the sofa provided ther[1 thing i have 2 mention....their office is damn big n cool....the interior designs especially....they had a narrow single sheet of red carpet in the middle of the biggest recioptn hall i hav ever seen 4 a press/mag off...njoyed the sights there...].......was reading the paper....then a Lady came from the inside off......she asks..wat do u want......me asks....ru Ms.Amarjit...she says........no....i explain abt MM2 confusion....she says ...the cds havn't cum yet....v will phone u if it cums...me says...k,bye...........went home opened the issue searched the photos sexn ...learnt it was Arpita Ganguli......then waited...4 the call...waited...waited...tat's wat iam doin still...now.................................................Digit Team.....this was a Big the Blow 4 me....no,folks not the waitin....the confusion or watever u guys say.

PLS guys gimme a quick reply.

P.s: excuse me 4 my super late reply....cos i had no time....then i tot i wud w8 instead of posting....ten my net connxn went away.....mainly...got the time..now only.......plssss excuse me 4 tat.

BYE.

------------------Have A Nice Day!!!!!------------------------

--------------------MOJOJOJO--------------------- :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom