Preview + Feedback [July 2011]

echoplxx

Journeyman
100+ tips and tricks to tweak your life
*img845.imageshack.us/img845/8351/digitcoverjuly2011800px.jpg
A compendium of secret hacks that'll enhance all aspects of your digital life! In the cover story you'll learn about tweaks for the Professional, Mobile warrior, Power user, Web fanatics and much more...

*img810.imageshack.us/img810/8554/fasttrackchromecover800.jpg
Fast Track to developing apps on Chrome web store - learn how to develop apps for the most exciting and promising apps store on the block

*img811.imageshack.us/img811/9109/fasttrackriacover800px.jpg
Fast Track to developing rich internet applications (RIA) - Use Adobe Flex and Flash builder to build for multiple mobile platforms like Android, BlackBerry and iOS using a common code base

Other features
Five Linux distros for your ageing computer
War of the worlds - ARM vs X86
Two's company and three's Moore! - We take a look at yet another 3D technology...this one happily far away from the realm of displays
Learn transitions and animations using with CSS3
Geekgasm at Computex - Technology news, components announcements and emerging trends
Latest coverage from E3 2011
SKOAR reviews - Dirt 3, The Witcher: Assassins of the kings

Three mega tests in Bazaar this time - Wi-Fi, Photo printers and HDD, SDD
We tested over 30 Wi-Fi routers - Find the best one for you
Picture perfect - If you have upto Rs. 10,000 to spend on a photo printer, which one should you buy.
Digital storehouses - Confused over buying HDD or SDD. Read our comprehensive test to get the answers

Bazaar reviews
Samsung Galaxy II - Breathtakingly brilliant
Acer Iconia Tab A - 500
HTC Sensation
Audio Technica ATH-AD300
Sony Vaio S (VPCSB16FG)
LG Optimus 2X - Packs a hidden power punch
ASUS Rampage III Black edition
and many more...

World View - This time we feature the best from Popular Mechanics
and tell you 10 things you need to know about Windows 8
Space Age - We analyze the problems with manned space flight and try to figure out a possible solution to this age old problem
Agent 001 - HD camcorders
CTC III Winners announced

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/7956/dvdjuly2011.jpg
DVD contents
50 apps to make you a star at work!
50 apps to make your PC faster and perform better
30 Open source software you need to know about
20 hottest Counter Strike files
600+ MB of Internet and Multimedia tools
Pride of nations demo

For list of full DVD contents click here

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The issue looks interesting :D
Hope it arrives earlier than Anniversary issue :fingerx:

Could you please post the link to download the full DVD contecnt in Excel format :) ?

mukul_rockstar

Journeyman
why only one dvd..............:roll:

we know digit that you guys just had a tie-up with google and ...[dont remember the name] :greedy: and for the same you are giving away the fast tracks to chrome apps and RIA, and even in the anniversary issue we had the fast track to Meego because we had a Meego app creation contest.. give away the fast tracks but why are you doing this with the DVD's? There is a huge majority of people only buy your mag just for the DVD's simply because they can't manage to download those Biiig game demos and other tools.. :pray: I feel really disappointed. :banghead:
:tux:

why only one dvd..............:roll:

One dvd ? Really ? You guys promised to deliver 2dvds with the subscriber package ? I only subscribed your magazine for the dvds. The articles are not useful, since I use feeds a lot.

WTF.

Suggestion: Comparison between router, hdd/sdd and printer should be added every month or once in three months. As most of the members would like to upgrade, or make it a first buy.

PS: I don't need those meego/chrome/rich apps fast tracks. You can keep it when delivering my subscriber copy as it will just go to wastebin. :(

Please add -repo button coz I would like to give it to echoplxx :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
dreatica said:
PS: I don't need those meego/chrome/rich apps fast tracks
:+1:

I am not very impressed with these Fast Tracks. OK one month is OK

But a tie up that compromises a WHOLE DUAL LAYER DVD is not acceptable

dreatica said:
There is only 1 button "I approve", I want a button like " I disapprove"
Only mods have that.

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Magazine looks nice, interesting articles. Maybe it's worth a read. Oh, and people above should realize that digit isn't just made for the DVD/CD (filled with games). If you want game related articles and a DVD full of it, but SKOAR.

Although the fast track may not attract the general category of people, it did attract me, not because I like Chrome (</3) but because I wanted to get a taste of how apps in chrome work.

Remember people dont want only games, i love to test apps with sandbox. Thats my way of learning about various new ideas. I cant just google or go to download.com to try out. I love the dvds rather thn the magazine.

braindead

Bankaiiiii
one dvd? This is sad. Hope there aren't any of those old movies.:snooty:

Remember people dont want only games, i love to test apps with sandbox. Thats my way of learning about various new ideas. I cant just google or go to download.com to try out. I love the dvds rather thn the magazine.
well said. Don't want to download random softwares just to try them.

Mrinal Mohit

Broken In
Why only one DVD?????????????

And to those who say that they dont need games on the DVD, well Digit stopped providing demos of A-list games a long time back. The games section is now filled with crap stuff no one's gonna play anyway.

And in the last DVD, when you had a full FT to MeeGo, I EXPECT YOU TO PROVIDE MEEGO ON THE DVD, not just a link from where i had to download it. was 900 MB too much to complement the FT?

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
1 single DVD is worth, if it proviedes me 5 linux operating systems in itself along with other best software and cool videos (in HD).
I had asked for Linux Mint in the By Demand thread in last month, so I got it in this DVD. :)
About Magazine, good articles, especially the cover feature and World View.
FT to Chrome apps is also good, but I didn't liked the idea of putting 2 FTs in a single month which are all DIY in coding.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why only one DVD?????????????

And to those who say that they dont need games on the DVD, well Digit stopped providing demos of A-list games a long time back. The games section is now filled with crap stuff no one's gonna play anyway.

And in the last DVD, when you had a full FT to MeeGo, I EXPECT YOU TO PROVIDE MEEGO ON THE DVD, not just a link from where i had to download it. was 900 MB too much to complement the FT?

I like playing those small games ;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
OK just about done reading this issue

The content of mag is good.
The Windows 8 article is nothing about Worldview. It should have been separate. The worldview should contain tech of other advanced countries like 4g/LTE(you guys gave a article once on LTE I think)

The DVD content = #fail

Didnt like the DVD content. You should have given us 2 DVD's rather than 2 fast-tracks. We know you have tie-ups etc but still we want better content.

The DVD content is very bad. I couldnt find many usefull things. The DVD content of the anniversary issue also felt compromised compared to June 2009.
Please use October 2008 and December 2008 as reference issue. Just loved them. Everything was right in them. Great magazine , great DVD content, great Windows Vista FT etc

Bring back some ols things like Tabloid Tech , Gender benders (if not atleast age benders where you guys make a copetition out of someone young and a grownup)

I think the cover of the FT should be different than the mag. The Chrome FT could have had a Chrome logo or something similar.

Overall, I have seen lot better issues in the past than this :)

Top Bottom