Preview + Feedback [January 2011]

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoplxx

Journeyman
**New Year Issue**

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/315/coverpage1.png

WHO WANTS TO BE A BILLIONAIRE?
We begin the new year with a piece on how you could be a game changer, rather than a mere player. Although we're among the world's most exciting markets, yet, as Indians we haven't learned to truly exploit the advantages we have. Here's a look at what we need to do in order to have our own Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

Fast Track to Java
*img43.imageshack.us/img43/5369/fasttrackcoverjan11.jpg
With its rapid rise and implementation, you can't avoid Java. Be it the web, rich multimedia applications, or applets, Java has enriched our lives. We have a compiled a handy guide to understanding this powerful tool and believe you would be able to grasp the finer details of Java once you are done reading this booklet.

Top apps of all time
Every one likes creating lists. Be it your top 50 movies of all time, top 20 books or even 100 all time greatest songs ever! Lists are fun! So we thought, well, why not come up with our own geeky best-of lists. In this cover feature we bring you the very best for everything. There’s 25 best software from the open source world, the top 25 developer tools and even the top 25 most useful web apps. The most fun lists however have got to be the top 50 Windows apps list and the 25 games to play before you die list. Read to find out more..

Web Awards 2010
Every year we celebrate the best of the web by awarding the deserving web sites our coveted Web Award. We cast our net wide this time and snared a huge haul of contenders for each of our 10 short listed categories.

World View
This time world view covers the best tech stories handpicked from across the Web. Here's a teaser of what's in store: 5 ways Android is better than Chrome OS- Cementing Chrome’s uselessness, Google has a much better mobile OS play: Android.
Ever since hard drives went mainstream in the late 1980s, computer owners have been able to count on one thing: their increasing capacity. So what's The Problem with Big Hard Drives?
World View shorts Future tech- Terminator vision for troops, 2011’s most anticipated gear, When computers go wrong + New product launches, Top 3 You Tube videos of the month, Don't forget to grind your brain against our crossword.

The Gender Bender
Why stop at mobile phones! Here's a look at technologies that women should be banned from using!

Bazaar
This time we reviewed
Canon EOS 60D - The Fence Straddler
Razer Lachesis - The Glam weapon
WD TV Live hub - New and improved WD TV experience
The latest Apple iPod Nano - Tinier, but not so touching
Philips' 46-inch LED TV with Ambilight - Great 46 inch performer
among several other products reviewed in Bazaar.

Don't miss our Tablet Test – The latest breed of handheld devices – tablets, have been glamourised by the iPad, and now everyone seems to want one. We give you the right prescription

Special features
Nuclear technology of the future – Thorium?
Gesture computing – possibilities of the future

Regular Features
Tips & Tricks LinkedIn, Foursquare, Gmail, Opera Mini
Mobile Watch: Samsung Nexus S, Sharp 3D cellphone and more...
Web Watch Chrome web store, Google Wave and more...
Consumer Protection Know your rights as a consumer

On the DVD
Alpha
MIT Courseware - Multicore Programming Primer - 9 Video lectures + 6 Recitations + Lecture notes
Karoshi Games Special – Series of 13 highly addictive games by Jesse Venbrux + CS weapon pack
Distro of the month – Debian 5
Kids Special – Series of educational software, games, movie trailers and animations

Omega
Adobe Master Suite 5 Trial
Top apps of all time – Windows, Linux, Symbian, Windows Mobile
Quick Heal Antivirus 2011 – Two months subscription exclusive to Digit readers
Gaming – Full MMORPG Game – GunZ: The Duel
Digit TV - A head on video comparison between some of the hottest tablets available in the markets right now

For list of full DVD contents click here

Last edited:
booked yesterday itself,

however I don't understand why debian 5, when 6 will release shortly, and libre office which is still in rc status..............

subscription expired in December, didn't renew and I guess I made the right decision. Sorry but issue not worth it.

Hsakarp_kahtap

CG Artist++
this time , i am gonna skip this issue ,last issue the frameboxx movies were is very low quality .Got a BB 2mbps i will download Master collection at home.

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
booked yesterday itself,

however I don't understand why debian 5, when 6 will release shortly, and libre office which is still in rc status..............

Debian 6 release will be announced shortly, 5 is the latest Debian version and LibreOffice is for Linux as part of the Top apps of all time for Linux

this time , i am gonna skip this issue ,last issue the frameboxx movies were is very low quality .Got a BB 2mbps i will download Master collection at home.

Hey Prakash, there are more than 30 Animations, HD Game and Movie trailers in this months DVDs, check them out..

Last edited:

exactly same here :) wow !! btw: checking the magazine contents at newsstand and will decide to buy or not. I don't want to ditch digit :(

ravindarjobs

Broken In
**New Year Issue**

*img191.imageshack.us/img191/315/coverpage1.png

WHO WANTS TO BE A BILLIONAIRE?
We begin the new year with a piece on how you could be a game changer, rather than a mere player. Although we're among the world's most exciting markets, yet, as Indians we haven't learned to truly exploit the advantages we have. Here's a look at what we need to do in order to have our own Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

keeping aside what you have given us in the above topic in this issue, but i would say DIGIT is the real BILLIONAIRE, often raising prices, luring, and dissatisfying us with Worst offers for example Training coupons.
:sad::sad::sad::sad:

Last edited:

Saptashwa

Right off the assembly line
Ain't sure if I want to buy it or not. What's your take? I had bought the December issue. It was my 1st digit.

Last edited:

nashpd

Team Digit
Dear readers,

We always look forward to hearing from you. Please do write in to us with your opinions on the "best of all apps" and "web awards" sections!

Last edited:

mayur gaikwad

SUPPORT OPEN SOURCE
Thanks for best apps for Developer. Some of them were unknown to me.Also thanks for Review on ASSASSIN'S CREED BROTHERHOOD

suyash_123

Techno Freak
WTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my DVD , I was watching Digit Tv and after 5.20 mins the sound is gone....

No audio but video still goes on.

Just after they reviewd Samsung galaxy tab , when they move to dell strek . sound is off.

please Check u same issue in ur copy or not

and Digit please post the video so i can see it.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Haven't bought Digit for years now, but I am going to this month, just as a trial. If its good, may be I shall buy again.

ravindarjobs

Broken In
Haven't bought Digit for years now, but I am going to this month, just as a trial. If its good, may be I shall buy again.

You might not find much great content even in this issue also. But just go through the "preview Issue" or else view it at Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom