Status
Not open for further replies.

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
speaker review rocks...would like to have of soundcard :D

Last edited:

crs_cwiz

Broken In
Speaker Review is nice, but missed out on logitech speakers like z-5500, z-5450 (even though it was mentioned) and z-5300, especially since im considering them...

over all, really nice mag this time

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
We've been out for a while now; which area are you in?

Keanu_reeves is mistaken; the preview was out on th 26th, not the mag.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
FatBeing said:

Andheri , geemee my deegeet plijh unkle plijh!!! :(

sandeep_arsenal

Broken In
Digit did the speaker test this March and last time in May 2006.
There were a few speakers from last time's test.
Why are the scores differing sooo much for some of them ?(eg - Artis 111R)
It really confuses the long term reader and the one time buyer may end up making a wrong decision.
I think Digit should keep some kind of fixed format when they do these tests.
I don't mean that they should fudge the test results but there should be some continuity in the results.
Also if many top speakers were damaged during transit they might have postponed the test so that all commonly availabe sets were included in the test . This might have been qiuted difficult though.
The Fast Track to freeware was great and so were most of the magazine contents.

blackpearl

The Devil
I bought my copy yesterday. The first thing that I read after getting the mag are the sections Enter, Escape, the reader's letters and the editorial because these are the pages that generally make the most entertaining read. This time even the editorial was funny. "Social networking reputation hack"- nice term.

I think the issue of Vista and DX10 is over hyped. I would not worry about DX10 right now because its really going to take ages (in computer terms) for DX10 games to become mainstream. Heck, even Crysis is not yet ready to release and we have been hearing about it for really ages ;) Even if DX10 games finally begin to come out, DX9 games won't going to phase out so easily just because too many users are still using Win XP and will continue to do so because there is no real need to upgrade. There is also the issue of hardware here. I feel that DX9 and DX10 are both going to co-exist and the majority of the games released would still be DX9 for a long time. So unless you desperately want to play Crysis there is no reason to upgrade to a DX10 card so soon.

Regarding the DVD interface, I have only one word - WOW!! The ability to change the wallpaper of the interface as well as the actual desktop was a nice touch. The "Vista Digit Edition" is becoming better and better with each build ;). Good work!!

But the FT was like "not again!!". I had enough of these petty software reviews and usually the same s/w were repeated like VLC, Avast and the like. Give us something better please!!

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
You'll be able to preview another new addition in the April CD/DVD interface - it's not where we want it yet, and there are a lot more features to add to it, but it shows a lot of promise.

DX9 games are being developed even now and will continue to release till the end of the year and probably well into 2008, so there's plenty of time before the upgrade to DX10 becomes mandatory. Moreover, good games take a long time to develop, so I don't expect much from the first batch of DX10 games.

I am saving for an 8800 though :)

adhavan

Broken In
I am a subscriber of Digit.I dint get a copy of february digit though i got the march today.I mailed to help@jasubhai.com 4 times and got no response.All i got was a automated reply.Even today i sent a mail and i all got was a automated reply.

blackpearl

The Devil
adhavan said:
I mailed to help@jasubhai.com 4 times and got no response.All i got was a automated reply.Even today i sent a mail and i all got was a automated reply.

Automated reply! LOL!! Smart idea to deal with subscribers. You should have different types of replies and the mail server should send a randomly selected reply. This way the subscriber won't even know its an automated reply. :))

@subscribers: Sorry for that joke :)

keanu_reeves

Broken In
FatBeing said:

Thanks for correcting me FatBeing but still it is 14th of March 2006 and i have not received the mag in Nasik.

Nasik Gets 24 hours delivery from Mumbai via courier. and I received PCworld on the 2nd from bangalore and PC Quest from Delhi on 5th. (Hope they use better couriers)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=445992&posted=1#post445992

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Good Contents In The CD/DVD But I Suppose Not In The Magazine And The Fastrack It Can Be Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom