[Preview + Feedback] Digit June 2008 - 7th Anniversary Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi360

Always confused
Hello team digit,

SUB::My DEAR MAG

I am Vamsi Subhash.I am a huge fan of DIGIT particularly during 2003-04.I have been buying digit every month in the stores since the establishment(i have not subscribed because I am not stable at one place).

I really like the editorial every month.The fast tracks are really excellent and even dominated the magazine.What happened to the previous editors and other team digit members?

But since when it was undertaken by 9.9 media I have seen many negitive steps which could possibly ruin the magazine and hence writing this letter.Please take these advice positively as this is the opinion of me and my friends(also digit fans).

1.The special issues donot arrive the stores until the second week of that month.This time the date became 15th.
2.The special issues though good,are not really worth 200 rupees everytime.Especially the current anniversary issue was not up to the mark.The jumbo fast tracks are real "utter flops".
The freeware dvd is simply excellent!But the other dvd was useless.The cover page topic is worth one reading but contaied information that was given in the previous fast tracks.Overall good,but not excellent as it used to be in 03-04s.
3.(IMPORTANT)Think more creatively and focus more on creative articles rather than the magazine layout,colour,DVD user interface(they are good).
4.Leave the fast track as it is.Do not feed it up with ads.Dont colour it if you want to reduce the pages in it also.
5.Concentrate on including more articles rather than other extras on which the most concentration is on.
6.Make sure that you give the correct knowledge to readers worth the money than the extra goodies.Compulsarily include ebooks in each CD/DVD for serious people like me.

I hope you consider my advice.Even if you donot publish this in the mag,I hope you better forward this to all your staff as they seem to be missing their primary aim.Besides these sugessions I honour you as my best technology navigator for the past,present and the mere future.

Regards,
A.Vamsi Subhash.
(die-hard fan of team digit)

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
My dear I am a Digit reader frm October 2006(Notable Portable) till then not missed a single copy. I still remember the last years Aniversery(Sixth Sense) edition--got a DON wit that. U know one thing the Oct 2006 edition had 150 pages. Since then I am seeing the reduction of pages and also the Articles. This does happen the degradation to be precise. However the Fast Track remained to be same until the recent issue where they just destroyed the issue. I do agree with everyone regarding the JUMBO fast track issue.

Hello my dear friend, im a seroius digit reader from 2001 October.... (as Toofan..?)
My humble request is, just see the digit mag from 1999-2003...(I think, you have that copies in pdf) and say ur feelings.....

toofan

Technomancer
Hello Betrugar and MrRoshan,
Thanks for ur comments guys.
Most of the people in this forum are all old horse(in terms of digit fans). When I went through the first digit magazine I was just flattened, surprised that any magazine can be that addictive. I read it in just one sitting and after that It become a hell to pass the month in wait of next edition. And what happened next month(that was December) It was there special issue. It was late( as usual) so I have to wait till the 13th of that month. And I can't explain how I felt waiting (it's like the same feeling as i used to have, when i waits
for my girlfriend, its such a agony).I think i just explained. It was really hard to pass the month after reading the issue. But now from past 1 year or 6 months. Team digit has degraded their quality. They are loosing in every front I think .

They cut down their december issue(thats too without fast track) to pieces to add more advertisments. But that really don't help them. As i am putting a simple camparison between their december/2007 issue and Chip's dec/2007 issue.

Digit 12/07 : Total pages to read(leaving ads.) 151
Chip
12/07 : Total pages to read(leaving ads.) 165(chip has +14)

Digit 12/07 : Total No of pages including ads: 212
chip
12/07 : Total No of pages including ads: 236 (chip has +24)

Means that Chip is getting more Ads than Digit. you can think why? because their reader base is increasing every month because of their quality content.

digit don't have Fast track that month.
Chip has their separate Tech reference guide in which they suggested brands and models to buy. While digit included buying guide in there main magazine thats too without suggesting brands or models.

digit costs: 200
chip costs: 150

I personally feel that Digit is more inclined to Hardware while chip is towards software and all that tiny things you need to know about tweaking your OS or software etc. Thats too is benefiting chip.

This is just my thinking that digit is lagging far behind. they should have to take some serious steps to improve and maintain their reader base.
( They can fire this lazy and slow working staff and can call their old staff back.)

I invites all of the forum members to please let me and others know what they really think that who will be the last winner between chip and digit (digit has evolved from chip itself). Let us all help digit to improve themselves by showing them the truth. They always keep on boasting about themselves as you can feel this in their articles or editorial or their letter section.

do reply

vimal joshi
nainital

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
good contents , thank u for the GRID , nice layout , many useful stuff , good paper quality.overall the best digit in 2008 till now.but mag has very few pages :-|

hk_2008

Right off the assembly line
I am a subscriber from Dombivli, near Mumbai, and received my issue today...thatz on 17 June 2008...thatz a helluvaa delay...even if its a anniversary issue!! I have read a lot abt this issue here....and have to agree that the DVDs r absolutely hopeless this time(except for sp3 and ubuntu 08.04)....i mean when u use 3.78GB on useless, pathetic, amatuerish movie projects...one really wonders that a mag like digit doesnt have anything useful/entertaining to fill that much of space!! have jus gone thru the mag once....but surely there is a lot of effort there... jus to put together 7 mags in one issue!! hoping that digit will take this feedback seriously and improve on the content in the comin issues!!

nvidia

-----ATi-----
The content of the magazine was really nice... Did digit get new writers? The style of writing has improved over the months.. Really nice magazine but the DVD totally sux.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Hello Betrugar and MrRoshan,
I invites all of the forum members to please let me and others know what they really think that who will be the last winner between chip and digit (digit has evolved from chip itself). Let us all help digit to improve themselves by showing them the truth. They always keep on boasting about themselves as you can feel this in their articles or editorial or their letter section.

do reply

vimal joshi
nainital

Hi, i think, you r the only person to say serious things about digit...

No doubt about the winner... all are knows...

After 76 months of continued addictions(from Oct 2001), i didn't buy June'08 DIGIT anniversary issue for the first time....
But i won't forgot my "DIGIT" as my initial 'guru' of Tech.....

itechnoholic

Right off the assembly line
I have till now not recieved my copy of Digit.
I am a subscriber ,and like this digit treats its subscribers.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
I really doubt whether Digit does their won tests or steal the reviews done by others and print it as if they have done it. In the May 2008 Issue of Digit the reviews of LCDs are stolen from the Internet. Shame on digit. Why don't you do the test yourself and review it instead of stealing some other reviews.

I thought Digit does all their tests by themselves :(

This is a new controversy about Digit....
9.9. media should answer the controversy about LCD Test..

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
I really doubt whether Digit does their won tests or steal the reviews done by others and print it as if they have done it. In the May 2008 Issue of Digit the reviews of LCDs are stolen from the Internet. Shame on digit. Why don't you do the test yourself and review it instead of stealing some other reviews.

I thought Digit does all their tests by themselves :(
We do do our test ourselves. If you're going to accuse us of "stealing" reviews from the Internet, you should also point out where on the Internet you think they were stolen from.

toofan

Technomancer
Mr yoda:confused:,
Are you really serious abt what you said. If so then you should have posted the link to that source they have copied.

Ya, its not a joke at all, If your words r true U should prove it by providing the links and other necessary facts. Or otherwise just shut you mouth and sit in the corner.

so just do it.

Vimal joshi

hjpotter92

The Boy Who Lived
I got the issue yesterday only. the DVD's are great working of the TEAM DIGIT hats off to you for that. But as for the splitting of the book into seven wasn't a good idea this time. Before issue of DEC, 07 was nice however, but June issue really disthroned me off the seat. I would have liked only one of the fast track instead of the so-called Jumbo Fast Tracks. I really am feeling bad for that. Still, the DVD contents are nice and fill up the place for it.

nihu

Broken In
2-3 saal pehle Digit padhkar 'sikhne' ko milta tha aur ab ?Alag alag hardware or technology ke bare mein 'janane' ko milta hai!

Digit people! Do you ever care for feedback you receive?
kya aapko sirf 'Khusamat' hi pyari hai?

Last edited:

Yoda

Journeyman
take the Digit May 2008 Issue Page 78. The review of Dell SP 2008 WFP

visit the page below and I saw the same review of the Dell Monitor
*www.mojavefusor.com/2008/06/dell-sp-2008-wfp-review.html

I really don't who copied from whom. If I'm wrong I apologize to the Digit Team.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
take the Digit May 2008 Issue Page 78. The review of Dell SP 2008 WFP

visit the page below and I saw the same review of the Dell Monitor
*www.mojavefusor.com/2008/06/dell-sp-2008-wfp-review.html

I really don't who copied from whom. If I'm wrong I apologize to the Digit Team.
Sigh.

You are indeed wrong, and the proof is rather simple. Look at the post date: June 10, 2008. The May issue was completed before the 24th of April.

We take fierce pride in our work, so please be careful when you accuse us of plagiarism.

Yoda

Journeyman
very sorry FatBeing. I will eat my words and won't repeat it again. I feel bad for my stupidity :(

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
What is this?!? Digit still not available in my town! Anyway, I have bought chip. AAAAND, My subscription expired last month, and I got a mail informing me that Digit June 2008 shipping will be started from 17th of June! I have not paid for this:lol:! Anyway, I'm not gonna subscribe until I get reassurance about the quality of the mag. A request to some moderator or Digit official: Help! What do I do? Should I just enjoy the 'fokat ka maal'? xD

toofan

Technomancer
Yoda this is the way the things should go. You apologizes thats good.
But hats off to your memory and eyes.(although it was wrong but it proves that how deeply you go through the digit articles.)
Vimal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom