[Preview + Feedback] Digit April 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
coolblue said:
PLZZZZZZZZZZ GIVE US SUSE 10.1 IN MAY INSTEAD OF FEDORA CORE 5!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

What ya all say?

Between FC5 and Suse 10.1, I wud go for FC :D It roxxx

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Linux issue. I am not happy with the cd\dvd contents. Too much linux for a winxp fan.

Mag articles look good. Also, ubuntu was unnecessary since it can be ordered for free and that too in quantities.

Also, i already have the adobe suite.

Mac s/ws. Whos using mac here.

I am really upset.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
NiCE !!! Great, finally some cool distros........BTW who needs Byzantine when Gentoo is available.....BYZANTINE should've been SUSe
And that Mac stuff is unnecessary...i dun think there's a single person using it (in india)

And some system utilities for XP is wht we need more.......
THX a lot for ICE AGE 2 trailer

overall, its kool 8)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
AFAIK there are a few Mac users here in the forum. And they might find it useful and there may be quite a few amongst the readers too. You cannot ignore minority for majority. Hasn't this been the case for linux too?

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey hey stop giving out the same softwares u provided last month. Why the hell are u providing Turbo Internet Accelerater again?

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
tech_your_future said:
AFAIK there are a few Mac users here in the forum. And they might find it useful and there may be quite a few amongst the readers too. You cannot ignore minority for majority. Hasn't this been the case for linux too?
Well, linux is a different case. The Linux users have been on a rise ever since, but i dont c much future for mac. Currently the OS distribution for WINDOWS:LINUX:MAC=100:10:1
But yeah, i m sorry. There should be something for every1 :)
All i want is more freeware system software and less of shareware, specially those with limited trial period (in case it isn't a major software like Flash or Photoshop)

g_goyal2000

Youngling
casanova said:
Linux issue. I am not happy with the cd\dvd contents. Too much linux for a winxp fan.

Dude, also think about ither users who are linux fans.
Digit gives WinXp fans WinXP softwares each month, that too in lumpsum.
For once, Digit gave linux fans something they were asking for since long time time back, in a lumpsum.
I'm a WinXP fan too (like most of other users in this forum) & I have no problem with Digit giving linux s/w or OS's.
Dude just chill out.
I don't know what's u'r problem.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
yeh, i know other people want linux s/ws. But we r here to say wat we like and wat we dont. I just casted my vote.
Also, the win s/ws are not pleasing me.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
watever plz don't provide s/w for Mac b'coz only 2 or 3 ppl have Mac at thier homes. Linux s/w is ok

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
QwertyManiac said:
coolblue said:
PLZZZZZZZZZZ GIVE US SUSE 10.1 IN MAY INSTEAD OF FEDORA CORE 5!
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

What ya all say?

Between FC5 and Suse 10.1, I wud go for FC :D It roxxx

Madriva for me :D

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
best contents of the CD so far...gr8 work...
fast track of linux is just what i wanted...being a beginner to linux.
looking forward to opera article.
could have done with more of essential tools though.

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Ah atlast heres a digit issue everybody is gonna be happy about. But still one can't have everything mako. I wish they would provide latest shockwave player and GTA and I have been demainding it from March.

Someday....

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Cool contents!

The contents this time are awsome. I am going to buy it inspite of my exams. I am especially pleased about fast track to linux and linux distros. I have been particularly interested in linux lately. Thanks again guys. Keep it up!

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hey guys, the gentoo installation is only 50 mb....is that full version or what? I saw on the net and found it to be minimal installation pack.
Can any1 tell me the difference between 50mb minimal installation disk and a 6k MB Live CD?
Will this gentoo instllation have all the features that r available in gentoo?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
well if its only 50 mb then it is a minimum install cd and worthless unless u have a broadband connection without data limits. You will have to download all the packages. This has bare minimum install packages. I don't think it even has Xorg.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
tech_your_future said:
well if its only 50 mb then it is a minimum install cd and worthless unless u have a broadband connection without data limits. You will have to download all the packages. This has bare minimum install packages. I don't think it even has Xorg.

And how much would Ubuntu of 620 mb have?I have seen Linux as big as 3.5 Gb (SUSE 10), so i dont think that this one is complete either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom