[Preview + Feedback] December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasjkitawat

Right off the assembly line
MISSING COMPONENTS IN THE DVD
FT Dated 12-2007,06-2008 And 10-2008.
Waiting For The Reply From the Administrator.
Thanx

Ron

||uLtiMaTE WinNER||
I liked everything except the cover page. Why was it that way.
:phey i think u didnt read the editor's note......
Raboo says White symbolizes Purinty, Simplicity.....
Read the note u will com to now................

MISSING COMPONENTS IN THE DVD
FT Dated 12-2007,06-2008 And 10-2008.
Waiting For The Reply From the Administrator.
Thanx

Dont tell this guys A mistake has been done while burning those DVD's......

Last edited:
OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, sorry for giving the .exe.
You need to mail Nero for the serial... surprised no one got that out
And the missing Fast Tracks were never there I think, I see no reason why random issues were left out, but will confirm this on Monday

got the mag yesterday, however it was available on the first of the month to my shock, as generally special issues are very late, could have been 150/-, that would have been suffice, yet to check the discs, good to have a simple cover, however it was very dull, however I never cared more over wondered sometimes why the cover pages are designed like for masala mags, you could have given a supplement of another 80-100 pages covering general day to day computing or some tutorial media disc of solaris or some other........

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@azaad_shri75 your feedback is very important to us, can you please take the trouble to be a little more specefic? Can you elaborate on the kind of content you would like to see in the magazine? Which sections/pages reminded you of "masala mags"?

sarosh

Journeyman
Got the mag on the 1st, great delivery time.
Quality of the articles, review, buying tips in Digit is improving, fantastic stuff. Even the quality of the paper on the fast tracks is now superb.

Only problem seems to be that Mr. Henning has forced all the writers at digit to turn off the auto-correct features in their word software (probably he hates microsoft too)
This is causing major, major embarrassments to the entire digit team. On one hand we see ads that digit is no1, on the other hand we have about 50+ grammatical errors in every single issue now.
I have no idea what the solution to this is, it is absolutely unreasonable to ask technical writers to focus on their grammar and spelling. They should simply use all the benefits that these software offer them.

I've read the first 3 pages of the Dec issue and already found 4 mistakes.
Page 10:
1) A quick and easy registration process that gives youaccess to all the goodness on offer.
2) Experts at the Tech Q&A section answers all those niggling problems.
It should be Experts answer, not experts answers.
3) Page 12, Tech Talk
Image editing and 2D graphics applications in general is a market that has already well served so we do not see the need to go there.

I'm afraid the level of English of all those who read digit will only become worse now.
I'm finding it harder and harder each month to read digit this way, its almost painful to find such language.
You will simply have to get Mr. Henning to stop being stubborn and let the technical writers focus on the technology rather than embarrass themselves like this each month because of no fault of their own.

I'm almost afraid to read more into the magazine because im confident i'm going to find 100 more such mistakes that will only upset me more.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Got the mag today from a newsstand. The cover looks impressive, if rather plain and is a refreshing departure from the beauties that we've grown accustomed to seeing on Digit's covers (Preity Zinta and Rani Mukherjee to name just two).

Haven't read the whole mag yet, so I can't comment on the overall quality. Hoping for the best though... :D

@azaad_shri75 your feedback is very important to us, can you please take the trouble to be a little more specefic? Can you elaborate on the kind of content you would like to see in the magazine? Which sections/pages reminded you of "masala mags"?

what I mentioned was cover page photos of some old issues not about content.......

I would like see use of technology in archaeology and like such stuff articles.

prabhakar97

Broken In
No response from helpdesk! I've been a loyal reader since Feb2002 and feeling ignored by the DIGITals. Well... I'll probably have to find the DVD from a library or a friend who purchased this issue.

vamsi360

Always confused
I expected Mandriva One 2009 this december but U didnot give it and you have given Mandriva 2008 for the second time in Diwali issue...Please check the distro versions and give.You have also given the BETA versions in the Diwali issue.Please give us the best distros (stable ones ) in your special issues....Mandriva, Fedora, as their release schedule is just before your special additions....

Even the Ubuntu iso is not a DVD instead its a CD as usual as plain Digit is doing for a very very long time. Please give us the DVD isos.

Do look i am not demanding you but a kind request........

Last edited:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I bought the mag late. Anyway, great issue! Tips an tricks of Vista wasn't much of a help though(but maybe that's just for me!). Mag was deceptive in appearance (Looked thick). At first I was like: "now we're talking!" and then in a minute, after looking at the contents, I discovered that it was due to SKOAR!'s inclusion in this mag and due to the presence of Zero1 awards.

Also, it was a nice idea to dedicate a full DVD to demands! Also, to the digit team:Thanks for the Little Fighter 2.5! Oh, and SKOAR! r0xxz! though the reviews sounded like a scaredy cat as compared to the earlier SKOAR!

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
it was not as per expectations. could have been better. i don't know why lot of people says its a gr8 issue where lots of improvement needed.

Zero awards are not as per xpectation cuz it compare should be done with 2 or more, but few things are declared winner due to no cmpttr. again, laptop review is not up to the mark.. sony is missing. there are so many laptops available in the market within a budget like lenovo 3000 series, sony also has low budget with dedicated graphix with ATI.. where are they???

in processors review, i think digit agents are taken a decision that everybody should have c7 or c2d extreme.

with the contents of mag, it should not be named as collector’s edition, moreover price should be <150.

vamsi360

Always confused
This website is not compatible with IE8 beta2

I have read the Raaboo's editorial and I liked it. Never judge a book by it's cover.Even Mr.Henning's editorial is good speaking about the importance of being simple. Sorry for my last post of supporting one that criticised him and I have great respect for the lengendary Mr.Henning and have edited it. I was going to state that there are more spelling mistakes in the mag compared to before and being lazy quoted the text that other has written.

Include more linux articles, the scenario has reversed for past 4 months with digit providing linux software and distros compared to articles and less software in the previous times. I think providing the major up-to-date distros, source codes (not .debs as everyone might not be using a debian distro) and atleast 5 pages for linux. It's highly recommended for a technology magazine.

I congratulate digit for providing this wonderful forum. But I think many readers too donot know it even if you are giving a small column at the start and some troubleshooting fast tracks.
I think this forum deserves even better advertisement

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom