[Preview + Feedback] December 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
Out of 3, LInux Distribution DVD has Data read error..especially while copying ubuntu iso.. i felt so much stress..
i am a subscriber of PCworld and LFY and i never heard that type of problem in their DVDs and its 2 years back DVDs are now reads fine.. i dont know why digit has in struggle to make good quality DVDs to their readers. ..

****.. now i am being upgrade my ubuntu 8.04 thorugh online on my 256kbps ul plan..
Digt.. Pl give importance to qualitiy of DVDs then its contents.. See your competitors.. this is my modest request to digit.

Zero one awards..as usual just for Page filling.. totally waste..
visual buying guide :)cool:) looks good.

vamsi360

Always confused
Out of 3, LInux Distribution DVD has Data read error..especially while copying ubuntu iso.. i felt so much stress..
i am a subscriber of PCworld and LFY and i never heard that type of problem in their DVDs and its 2 years back DVDs are now reads fine.. i dont know why digit has in struggle to make good quality DVDs to their readers. ..

****.. now i am being upgrade my ubuntu 8.04 thorugh online on my 256kbps ul plan..
Digt.. Pl give importance to qualitiy of DVDs then its contents.. See your competitors.. this is my modest request to digit.

Zero one awards..as usual just for Page filling.. totally waste..
visual buying guide :)cool:) looks good.

@Betrugger you seem to be always bashing at digit very often in a rude manner. Sorry if I hurted you but I have seen you so many times doing like this in feedback threads. Give them the time and do notice that they cant satisfy everyone's needs and they do are trying to correct their past mistakes to retain their past glory:)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I congratulate digit for providing this wonderful forum. But I think many readers too donot know it even if you are giving a small column at the start and some troubleshooting fast tracks.
I think this forum deserves even better advertisement
I once started something for that reason. but it died.

My review goes here:-
DVD: Past digit issues and fast track issues have just may only be given for me. I'm in rented house here, so I had to shift quite a few times and carrying Digit mags of 2 yrs is not a easy job.

Mag:-
Zero1 awards are good.
I loved that visual buying guide, its very helpful. Keep it up. Can we expect it further.
SSD vs HDD: As I've got used to spoon feeding by Digit, I was waiting for u guys to put some light on SSD drives. And here we are. But a bit more indepth info would have been better.
Email client review is good, thinking about trying some of them.
Workshop: Its good idea, u've done it ago but its not regular. Make it regular please.
WiFi security: More info please.
Game reviews: Done by skoar! Are they going to continue or...

Overall 8/10 this time. Best of luck.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Digit December 2008 Review:

Editorial:
Needless to emphasis, it was on a rather pleasing note that we greeted Raaabo as an editor of Digit Magazine.Finally one amongst us we can say or felt at that.
However i was a bit disappointed by the contents of the editorial column.The column nevertheless was well written, full of aplomb.However ,our esteemed Editor it seems still carries with him the baggage of being a Magazine writer and its base creator.There was a wasted emphasis on the nature of cover of the magazine and its justification though on the subtler note it was premium still unnecessary.
Raaabo needs to shed his past role and fit under the new shoe where he is more of required to be the captain of the ship instead of being a mere Deck boy and justifying the apperance of the ship.

This is what we humbly would love to see more from him.
1)The context of information technology in nature to India.
2)The present role of the technology and its effects.
3)The latest impact of the most talked about news and its implication.
4)An insight to the future of technology and more so pertaining to India.
Wished the editor would have covered more so on erratic way the government of India is handling 3G and what should exactly be done.
The description of the column could be left at the mercy of Digit Diary to sallow.

Opening/Enter: The news section was pretty informative and surreal as always.The Personal Reactors news was a sure eye opener.Buzzword was so relevant that i can only but give you compliment.Keep up the good work and keep hunting.

Drool Maal: Eye-catching and grandeur .No one dishes latest gadgets like you.

Zero1 Awards: They form the benchmark of industry and the more reason for you should take them with more weight.You as always didn't disappoint though i don't see why few reader think otherwise but to each his own.
Besides being straight to reality in your face,they also mark the product that make them distinctly stand out and this is where Digit will always be ahead of the competition.The customers like us actually use this stuff in our buying decisions.And to top that there was buying guide.
Really God is in the details. Kudos for the handwork that you put into this.
It simply was spread all over the issue.
Bazaar Section was upto though somehow we still feel more justice could be done by getting in more stuff to review.

Editor-in-Chief Edward Henning hit it spot on with keeping to the nature of the column.However i would differ in substance to the fact in his column and i personally feel that nature of technology is what dictates the flow of present era and its convinence .Even when i was in UK,London this last few months i felt it that the age of digital era of literary is not far.But then this is not really my domain of playing the critic because the column was in wonderfully great spirit and that is what mattered.This was about the mass and shouldn't pertain to me or my preview of those.

Where i feel Digit missed:
a)More insight to News from Indian Prespective.( For other around the globe we always have other magazines and the resourceful internet.)
b)More hands on project and to do stuff.Dish it out digit Dish it out and we will lap of every word that you throw.
c)Please keep some good copy-editor or whatever suits you as the grammatical and gnomish error hamper the flow of reading.Also these things tend to blow out of proportion.
d)And MOST IMPORTANT. Its taken ,that you need to take into consideration the squelch of maximum hardware for review but sometimes the length feels pretty inadequate, especially so that there is dearth of energy and enthusiasm in some of the reviews.Some good products do review good reviews.
But then you already are doing so much and it would be taxing of you to demand so much.
In brevity i feel you dont need to do something extra.Just whatever you do, do it right and you are almost there.
My favorite magazine.

toofan

Technomancer
I love the cover page but the justification Raboo give about that doesn't suits me.

You had designed a good cover page then why to justify it. There's no need of doing it and while doing so he was quite repetitive.

Mag contents are fabulous. The game reviews are awesome. The zero 1 awards are good and really will help many. But the visual guide disappointed me . How many of visuals you think are of help.
And the last page . The main Editorial is always a gem to read.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I love the cover page but the justification Raboo give about that doesn't suits me.

You had designed a good cover page then why to justify it. There's no need of doing it and while doing so he was quite repetitive.

Mag contents are fabulous. The game reviews are awesome. The zero 1 awards are good and really will help many. But the visual guide disappointed me . How many of visuals you think are of help.
And the last page . The main Editorial is always a gem to read.

I also feel that the Visual Guide was filler but it may help some newbies.

Game Reviews and the Bazaar is one of its selling point.

amitharshchoudhary

Right off the assembly line
Hey Team dIGIT, sorry to say but your Dec-2008 Collectors edition is yet not available in my area i.e. Vidisha and In Bhopal Railway Stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom