[Preview + Feedback] - December 2006 Special Issue

Did you like the new "Digit OS" CD/DVD interface?

• Awesome!

Votes: 44 46.3%
  • It'll do, I guess

Votes: 27 28.4%
  • Horrifying!

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • There's a new interface?

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dfordigit

Re: Do you wish to be subsciber of any IT magazine?

Dear Forum Members,

If you are planning to become subscriber of any IT magazine ,then wait for a minute.

What I and many more subscriber feel?

1. They always treat you as second class citizen, means 'news stand print gets first priority'! As you are paid ,wait for few days ,after all how much benefit they have given to you!

2.They will do funny things and you have to bear that. Suppose as of my case, they are dispacthing my issue BY AFL courrier-ANKLESHWAR. And you will think what is wrong in this? But my friend I am leaving at BHARUCH city, which is far away from Ankleshwar! I wrote to them including editor but all in vain. Result? I am always getting my copy late .

3. Now a days there are many IT mag like DIGIT,CHIP,PC-WORLD and in near future many more may enter the field. If you are not subscriber you have choice that each month, go to their respective WEBSITE ,find content of Magazine and CD/DVD and can decide which Magazine is worth for you this month.

4. If in newsstand copy, you found any CD/DVD broken than that vendor will replace that CD/DVD immediately and for subscriber you have to spend some extra money. What you have to do is send broken CD/DVD by courier at Rs.25.
In newsstand copy, they are dispatching CD/DVD in safe CASE (Plastic CD box) and if you are so lucky subscriber, you get your CD/DVD at own risk without CD CASE. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO EVERY SUBSCRIBER .Some may not like to send broken CD/DVD at Rs.25.

Other members view in this regard are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie

dfordigit said:
Dear Forum Members,

If you are planning to become subscriber of any IT magazine ,then wait for a minute.

What I and many more subscriber feel?

1. They always treat you as second class citizen, means 'news stand print gets first priority'! As you are paid ,wait for few days ,after all how much benefit they have given to you!

2.They will do funny things and you have to bear that. Suppose as of my case, they are dispacthing my issue BY AFL courrier-ANKLESHWAR. And you will think what is wrong in this? But my friend I am leaving at BHARUCH city, which is far away from Ankleshwar! I wrote to them including editor but all in vain. Result? I am always getting my copy late .

3. Now a days there are many IT mag like DIGIT,CHIP,PC-WORLD and in near future many more may enter the field. If you are not subscriber you have choice that each month, go to their respective WEBSITE ,find content of Magazine and CD/DVD and can decide which Magazine is worth for you this month.

4. If in newsstand copy, you found any CD/DVD broken than that vendor will replace that CD/DVD immediately and for subscriber you have to spend some extra money. What you have to do is send broken CD/DVD by courier at Rs.25.
In newsstand copy, they are dispatching CD/DVD in safe CASE (Plastic CD box) and if you are so lucky subscriber, you get your CD/DVD at own risk without CD CASE. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO EVERY SUBSCRIBER .Some may not like to send broken CD/DVD at Rs.25.

Other members view in this regard are welcome.

Absolutely agreed. That is what I feel. I still have not received the dec issue. I have said it before and I say it again, subscribers must be given the first priority. Take a look at readres digest. I used to receive the copy in the last week of each month. (ie. dec issue in the last week of nov). But nowadays they have gone mad also. But still their issues reach around 3rd or 4th. That is ok, but it's 12th and I am still waiting for digit. :-X

Aditya

Thanks Aditya and DforDigit to telling ur hazards of Subscription, i'm regular reader of Digit from 3 years. and now i w's going for subscription for 5 years(that coming with dvd writer free). But after seeing u guyz sucking. I postponded the idea....

Thank u very much!
Gud Luck and Have a nice Subscription. :)

hmvrulz

Broken In
guys i got the NFS CARBON,,,its just awesome...majority of the cars are concept cars....and its all in the night....so dont forget your night vision

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
My friend purchased Magazine from newsstand

The DVD is corrupt one and DVD has bad odour

Also the files is taking 10 times more time coying and many files cant be copied

My friend check all Other DVDs all are doing fine

This DVD has very bad odour and also not working properly.
What he should do

I am waiting for my magazine as i am subcriber.

SoFtEcH

Broken In

I agree with Aditya and DforDigit , so that I have'nt subscribed on any Mag :p ...

I got My Mag yesterday evening , I really like the NEW CONCEPT but not the Graphics Much as I was expected when seeing it in the Magazine. Though I like the snow falling animations, even I have been creating one for my new sig ( will link after I finishd ) .

as some of you know, I can help with improving Graphics as much as I can , I'm in Vista now later I'll make some designs in PS and will post them here on tomorow ... :) ...
I would be glad if I could be a part of Our digit Magazine's work :) also I would like to add some of my stuffs and my mate's ...

Last edited:

midhunmon

Broken In
I waited for a long time for a digit archival CD and when i get's one it is broken.What will i do to get that DIGIT and FAST TRACK pdf ARCHIVAL CD,because the dealer won't replace me one.PLEASE HELP ,I wanted that very much.

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
led_shankar said:
Why dont you code your CD interface in JAVA?

then, everyone will be able to use it.
Everyone who decides to install the JVM, that is.

98% of all desktop PCs have the Flash plugin installed. And for the remaining 2%, we provide the tiny 1 MB setup. Much simpler. (This number was supplied by Adobe, and isn't an estimate)

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ Very true, not all PCs hv jvm installed on their system, but Flash is very common thing now a days and u can easily find flash plug-in installed in all pc approx. ;)

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Well I would say that the advertisements have been given more importance than the actual content...... Also there could have been much better options for contents in the disk.......... But I liked most of the articles in this issue

Tapomay

Lazy fat guy..
The new CD/DVD interface is awesome. Great work by it's designers. Hats off to them.

After receiving the issue, I think it would be a really nice issue if only the DVD contents are kept somewhat balanced. Anyway I am looking forward for next issues.

Some forum members complained about an explicit wallpaper in the DVD, but I found nothing like that. What's the matter???

littlegoku

Broken In
Yeah there IS an explict wallpaper in the DVD.Its in the 1024 folder.(\Wallpapers\1024\linuxchicks-050-1024x768.png).Very bad.I didnt expect this from digit:mad:

SoFtEcH

Broken In
Here are some of my remake of CD/DVD interface :

1. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit1Custom.jpg
2. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit2Custom.jpg
3. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit3Custom.jpg
4. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit4Custom.jpg

Let me know if it's good to be in digit .

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
SoFtEcH said:
Here are some of my remake of CD/DVD interface :

1. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit1Custom.jpg
2. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit2Custom.jpg
3. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit3Custom.jpg
4. *i97.photobucket.com/albums/l206/sahtel08/digit4Custom.jpg

Let me know if it's good to be in digit .

Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom