[PREVIEW] April 2005 Digit DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I am waiting 4 the issue....Very impressive softwares.80MB of Wallpapers...........!!!!!hmmmmmm....waitin 4 this issue.Really good

elumalai

Broken In
Somebody pls tell what are the games in this isssue are playable in my system.

My system is PIII, intel810, 128RAM.

Hey elumalai, I don't think any 3d games u can run b'cause even my 256mb, 2600+ comp the stars didn't turn on. :? . I think only 2d is for us. :cry:

sun_in_2002

Right off the assembly line
Corrupted DVD Received

Dear Sir,

Very much disappointed to see the corrupted DVD!!
But what to do??????

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Whoa, please post your "By Demand" posts (demanding software) in the By Demand May 2005 thread available here

Edit

The DVDs autorun.inf file was corrupted during replication. In order to run the interface, please:
1. Insert the DVD into your drive
2. Open Windows Explorer to your DVD drive
3. Double-click on the "start.hta" file

Other known issues with the DVD this time include:
Incorrect links to Palm software. Please Explorer the DVD and navigate to Digital Tools > Palm to install the software provided.

If you get confused with all that software there, and wonder which is the one you wanted to install, please do the following while at the "Palm" section in the interface:
1. Right-click on the "Install" button / image alongside the software you wish to install
2. Select "Copy Link Address"
3. Open a new Windows Explorer / Internet Explorer window
4. Paste the link in the address bar and look for a double slash ( // )
5. Remove one slash and press [Enter]

This error only happens for the Palm software in the DVD, everything else runs perfectly. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to Palm users.

Raaabo

sun_in_2002

Right off the assembly line
Corrupted DVD

Dear Raaabo,

Through my i message i only want to say that your delivery system is not good,....... as i had experienced, randomly i receives non-accessible DVD or CD.
Please look into the matter!!!
Sunil Kumar

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
non accessible as in does not read folders or files even? And how often does this happen? If it was a one time occurence, then you were one of the unlucky 300 or so DVDs which are corrupted during replication / delivery. If it is on a regular basis, then please check your DVD drive for errors or clean the lens. If that still isn't the problem, then write to me at robert_smith@jasubhai.com with the following details:

Your name:
Your Subscription Code:
Your Full Postal Address:
Courier who delivers to you (if you know):
Which month's DVDs were faulty:

We'll get to the bottom of this, don't worry

thanks

Raaabo

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Raboo there is something worng man.
My and my friend both received courrupted DVDs.
My 3rd courrupted DVD/CD in this year.first one was Feb issue DVD, but i got the DVD from my friend who bought the magazine from stand so i did not requested for replacement as i simply copied the contents i wanted that time. the second one was last month but it was CD so it did not matter as DVD was ok.
But happened this month again.
I have 3 PCs with 4 different DVD rome drives and 3 different CDRW drives. So its highly unlikely that my drives are the problems as old DVDs are working just fine in all of them.
Have you changed your replication media or contractor in past few month? I am sking bcoz i personally know 3 more who ar facing same problem.
Please lok into this. I have dispatched email to help@jasubhai.com I hope i get the replacement soon.

By the way doubleclicking start.hta sile opens a blank window for me. nothing else happens. I went into individual folders and clocked the exe files but it opens and closes command prompt window and nothing happens. ITs surely 100% courrupted.

iinfi

mekalodu
yes it is 100% corrupted .....

Mr.raaabo .... plz c this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17591&highlight=

Muad'dib

Broken In
Even my DVD was corrupted. On starting app's it reported a Win 32 error, and wallpapers did not work. Also start.hta had no effect.

Very Disappointed. Are you'll allowed to do this?

navneeth_snr

Journeyman
Raaabo said:
non accessible as in does not read folders or files even? And how often does this happen? If it was a one time occurence, then you were one of the unlucky 300 or so DVDs which are corrupted during replication / delivery. If it is on a regular basis, then please check your DVD drive for errors or clean the lens. If that still isn't the problem, then write to me at robert_smith@jasubhai.com with the following details:

Your name:
Your Subscription Code:
Your Full Postal Address:
Courier who delivers to you (if you know):
Which month's DVDs were faulty:

We'll get to the bottom of this, don't worry

thanks

Raaabo

What about the News stand buyers! We are paying more for faulty dvds. I exchanged more than 3 times and all DVDs are faulty! My Drive is fine and runs all old Digit DVD & movies, Only April DVD doesn't work. :(

Aditya11

Journeyman
I have posted in other thread "Digit makes us April Fool", but since Raabo has replied in this particular thread, I want to re-state that I too, got faulty DVD. Nothing is working, not least which is auto-run feature. Double clicking start.htm results in white window pop-up with and nothing more. All the software, zip files, wallpapers, movies EEVRYTHING is inaccessible...this is some crazy stuff.

And really, Digit can't be partial in this case about subscribers...we news stand buyers who pay more clearly deserve same treatment as subscribers (if you are going to replace their DVD's) if not more.

S

sunnydiv

raabo says, we are unlucky 300 those get corupted on average,

so, i guess, digit looked up all forum user;'s home addresses, located every possible newsstand

and replaced it with faulty

only in that case, we would be unlucky 300

raabo bhai, try unlucky 1lakh 60 thousand (digit subscriber base)

psoted here again, cos digit ppl , rarely read other sections

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Start.HTA

Click that to run interface... and all the DVDs i checked seemed to work fin except for autorun... I mean all folders and software are accessible and installable... even the interface works if you double-click the start.hta file

Please wait a few days while I investigate the matter.

elumalai

Broken In
Santosh Halemani said:
Hey elumalai, I don't think any 3d games u can run b'cause even my 256mb, 2600+ comp the stars didn't turn on. :? . I think only 2d is for us. :cry:

oh no...... I can't evn put a graphics card..... mine is mercury mobo with no agp slot...... :( :( :( :(

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@Dig : is it possible to buy an issue directly from the Dig chennai office (if there is one) instead of getting it at the newstand and if found corrupted asking for a replacement ? . that way we might be able to even get it checked for errors if any . i think u have an office near nungambakkam landmark , here in chennai .

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Raaabo said:
Start.HTA

Click that to run interface... and all the DVDs i checked seemed to work fin except for autorun... I mean all folders and software are accessible and installable... even the interface works if you double-click the start.hta file

Please wait a few days while I investigate the matter.
Start.hta--> it opens a window wid nothing in it?? Pls post a poll and ask how many got correct DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom