[PREVIEW] April 2005 Digit DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DVD is Not working.
---------------------------------------------
Will i get an replacement or use it as a standby reflector behind my bike ?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :x

shakti4all

Right off the assembly line
Sorry To Spoil The fun

The DVD didnt work????????????

Any solutions guys!!

I am from Chennai

Hope DiGIT sorts this one out

symbian

gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got many frndz in this forum who've got that their DVDs erratic!!!!!!! DIGIT!!!!!!!!!! yeh tune kya kiya??????????

technovice

Broken In
hey mods!!
i think ya need to merge this sticky with the thread in GS
its not serving its purpose any more
all we can see is a number of posts complaining about the april 05 dvd
hope youre listening!!!

funkymonkey

Journeyman
Re: Ya my DVD too Iz ze not workin'

symbianparadize said:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: HEY GUYS Y AINT THE DIGIT 2K5 APRIL DVD NOT AUTO RUNNING... NOT EVEN WITH THE START.HTA, START.HTML OR BEGIN.EXE FILEZ.... PLUS PLUS PLUS..... HALF THE FILES, INCLUDING THE GAMES (FOR WHICH I BUY DIGIT), SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY, EMPIRE EARTH 2, ETC. ALL ARE CORRUPTED..... TO ADD ON THAT, THE WALLPAPERS TOO ARE CORRUPTED.... WELL, WE OUGHTA GET A REFUND OR A NEW DVD.... WELL FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS, ITS OKAY BUT WHAT ABOUT US, PPL WHO'VE BOUGHT IT 4M THE NEWS STANDS.... THIS IS A SERIOUS FAULT ON DIGITS' PART... I'M NOT ACCUSING U GUYS BUT SINCE U GUYS HAVE MADE SUCH A NICE REPUTATION THUS, I WANT U PPL TO LIVE UP TO IT.......... BTW we really really seriously want SPLINTER CELL or a refund :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

For subscribers its ok??????
Why should it be ok for subscribers?
Its not ok for anyone. You paid 100 bucks and got the magazine just to fing out it DVD is not working.
We paid Rs2700 in advance and still same situation.
Noone is ok with this.............
And the worst part is since they realised how big the problem is they are not responding.
They are just ignoring us. Ignoring this thread, ignoring our emails.
I can understand if they are planning to do something about it.
But atleast get back to us, atleast reply in this thread telling us what they are gona do about it.
Its been what 3 days since anyone from their side replied.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :x :x :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
And a bluder of this size should never happen. Thats mismanagement on digit's part. I wonder is anyone got sacked.
May be they need to hire an MBA :roll:

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
I have a suggestion.. Since no one's DVDs are working.. DIGIT can do this..
:arrow: The CDs are working for all. So, they can include all the DVD contents of APR 2005 (which are not in CD) in the MAY 2005 DVD (excluding worthless programs like Essentials, a few Shareware progs.. And add good content in MAY 2005 DVD (like more wallppaers including what is already there, good freeware full version games, etc...)

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
TO ADD TO MY PREVIOUS POST, > > THIS IS FOR THE LAST TIME THAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS IS HAPPENING. IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS THE NEXT TIME... I WONDER WHAT I WILL DO..
BUT DIGIT, PLZ ATLEAST TEST UR DVDs BEFORE REPLICATING IT AND SENDING IT TO US...

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
This is really get out of control
Hers the link to the same discussion in gs in which Raaboo personally replied
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17591&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

funkymonkey

Journeyman
They need to check DVDs after the replication.
I am not saying that check each dvd but atleast few random sample quality check is necessary.

Also they should stop including the things that are in CD onto DVD totally.
I mean whats the use? ok people who dont have DVD drive cant read DVDs but those with DVDs can use both CDs and DVDs. Why waste 700MB from DVD just replication whats already there on the CD?

Use that space for extra game demos or extra goodies.

rohitsahib

Broken In
DVD is not working but i also noticed one more thing.

Many of the applications i installed from CD (utilities etc. ) are outdated. Their last versions were launched in 2002. So, i stopped using software from this months' CD too.

shakti4all

ok Lets work it out

To whomesoever it may concern

Of let me put this straight and clear and loud

APRIL 2005 was the last time I bought DIGIT

Why I say that is because of this:

a) The DVD (highly hiped) didnt work at all

b.) Not only that the competetors are giving me 2 CDs and One DVD which works on all DVD drives which includes mine as well.

Team Digit feels that the RULE this market but.......
Unfortunately the DVD of APRIL 2005 puts a very huge BLACK mark on their reputition.

Not only that I got the whole set replaced THRICE and still my DVD is faulty.

First time on the APRIL fools day I got the magazine.. When I put DVD into the DVD drive it DIDNT START AT ALL

Next time ... whatever I clicked the PROGRAM RAN in DOS and said INSUFFICIENT MEMORY to run the PROGRAM( I have 512MB of RAM)

The same happened the THIRD TIME but for a change CD worked......
Guess wats the File System -- UDF

Alas!!

I dont Know whom to blame TEAM DIGIT or MOSER BAER who replicated ur DVDs and CDs

OK TEAM DIGIT

Replace this one and promise to ur loyal MEMBERS and READERS u wont repeat this again!!

Dont repeat again

Doddy

Broken In
Yoo
From >>
Sachin Kalbag
Executive Editor
Digit

As for the faulty DVDs that went along with the April issue, here are five great ways to reuse it:
1) Use it as a stressbuster against Digit, and break it into a thousand pieces
2) Cut Digit’s editor’s picture from the magazine, paste it on the faulty DVD, and use it as a dartboard
3) Use the reflective side as a mirror
4) Give it your neighbour’s two-year-old kid, and let her use it as a toy
5) Sell it to an avant garde fashion designer to be used on her latest creation. You might even get featured on a TV channel!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Dear Subscriber,
Guess what? We screwed up! Well, even the No 1 goofs up sometimes. And we are terribly, terribly sorry about that.

But just like any other No 1 in the market, we wish to take care of our most valued readers in the best possible manner.
So here goes! Digit will send EACH AND EVERY SUBSCRIBER a free replacement DVD along with the May 2005 issue. This is regardless of whether your DVD is functional or non-functional. Every subscriber therefore will receive two DVDs along with the May 2005 package—the April 2005 replacement DVD, and the regular May 2005 DVD.

If your subscription ends in April 2005, please send a mail to DVD@thinkdigit.com, with your name, contact details and subscription code, and Digit will send you a free replacement DVD before the end of the month.

As for the faulty DVDs that went along with the April issue, here are five great ways to reuse it:
1) Use it as a stressbuster against Digit, and break it into a thousand pieces
2) Cut Digit’s editor’s picture from the magazine, paste it on the faulty DVD, and use it as a dartboard
3) Use the reflective side as a mirror
4) Give it your neighbour’s two-year-old kid, and let her use it as a toy
5) Sell it to an avant garde fashion designer to be used on her latest creation. You might even get featured on a TV channel!

And now, let me sign off with a promise that this will not happen ever again.

---------------------------
Sachin Kalbag
Executive Editor
Digit
Your Technology Navigator

Here's the mail that I got from Digit. Its good to know that they are not sitting on their errors. They are willing to admit and correct it. Subscribers will get their DVDs :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
I'm Sick Of Digit

This sick Digit magagine is just so unlucky for me. It sucks. I'm a poor guy (economically) and can't afford to buy Digit every month. I collect all my pocket money and manage to buy Digit every 3 or 4 months. But till now, never has it happened that I have not got problems with Digit CDs.
Once, the Digit CD (both of Mindware and Playware, yeah, a long time back) had the paper of the cover glued to them and I had to clean them. It was irritating. I asked for support but you said that it was for subscriber Indians only...............
Later, after a few months, I bought another Digit issue and among the CD nad DVD, the CD had a crack on the edge. I didn't expext that and never checked it before buying and the shopkeeper, obviously refused to replace it.
Again, I bought April 2005 issue of Digit today and I was happy to find that both CD and DVD had no physical problems. The CD was good and I installed Mozilla Suite from it. I saw VMware on DVD and wanted to write it to a CD. I bought a blank CD-R and went to an old friend of mine, who has a DVD drive, and asked him to write some programs form DVD to my CD-R. But all the files in the CD are corrupted. ALL OF THEM. I checked it on other friends house and the DVD is corrupted for sure.
I know you are not giving support to ppl outside India (Nepal) but please could you check the DVD and content well before packaging them or at least .....................
Please, I'm sick of this....................
I really am......................
Why would I buy Digit again...........
May be I will but...................
I really am sick..............
I wont be able to sleep the whole night..........
Tomorrow, I'm gonna talk to the shopkeeper about this..........
He wont replace it but may be he could lend me another DVD for an hour so that I could copy some of the content to my CD-R..........
But, I really am sick of this................
May be I'm too unlucky to have a Digit with all of the contents fine...............
Yeah, I'm unlucky.............
I was never this sad.........
Not even then when my gf left me a few weeks ago, coz I love my computer more than i love her, and she aint commin back, never.......... I loved her Damn............... I really did............
SH!T..............
I'm so unlucky......................

keanu_reeves

Broken In
finally digit editor replied on Friday, April 08, 2005 8:54 PM in a "Letter to Digit Non-Subcribers for Apr DVD" so now we can breath in releif as what digit says they will be sending a brand new DVD to every one who has a bad DVD and sends a mail to dvd@thinkdigit.com . thank you very much for the concern and people Don't feel unlucky as digit does what it says. So people start mailing and stop cryi'n

uttoransen

Broken In
it's july 2006, i have written 100's of emails which means over 300rs of internet cost of internet cafe, and still my april 2005 dvd is not working and not replaced, am a digit lover that's why i did not moved to take legal steps, but am very dissapointed, if any body is reading this, please help me, i want the replacement, i feel cheated by the digit, i have send mails to cdcontent and all that was told to me i have done, now what can i do,

100's of emails, means lots of internet cost and still 2005 digit cd/dvd not working not replaced, am very sad,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom