Preview and Slide Show NOT WORKING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent007bond

Broken In
I guess nobody else would have this problem!!

The slide show feature of Windows XP Pro SP2 has stopped working in my system. If I go to a folder full of JPG files, in the common tasks pane (left side) the "View as slide show" link appears, but when clicking on it, nothing happens! Moreover, when I right-click any JPG file I don't find the "Preview" command in the context menu! (The one that is supposed to load Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

This is also applicable to all other types of picture files supported by Windows Pic n Fax Viewer.

Note: I am an advanced user, so I go into the hidden and core settings of the operating system and modify them to suit me or just to experiment. If slide show and pic-n-fax viewer support needs something that might have been accidentally disabled by me, please tell me.

Thank you.

V

vishal_bhatia87

Well this is the strange problem you are facing and the solution of this problem is " Destroy & Rebuild ".

OP
A

agent007bond

Broken In
thanks but no

thank u for ur solution, but that's EXACTLY what i am trying to avoid!!!

Appendix: Also, the Details section of common tasks pane does not display thumbnail of selected file. In Thumbnails view, all picture files do not show thumbnails, they show the same file icon. In Filmstrip view, only the strip is shown (no thumnails again) at the top of the folder instead of bottom, and the full size preview (or even space for it) never shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom