Preview and Feedback [September 2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

r4gs

In the zone
F**k you, consumers!

*img213.imageshack.us/img213/2972/resizedcover.png

F**k you, consumers!
A chilling tale of how cartels were born, and consumers were left out in the cold and the rain; how companies want you to believe you want something you don't need and how you're getting scr**ed over by unscrupulous manufacturers.

NOTE: Since this is an unusual title for a cover, we believe that an explanation is warranted. So, please click here to find out more about why we settled on this particular title.
For a full size cover, click here

Comparison Tests

MFDs
13 MFDs tested. Which one do you need?

Projectors
We pitch 10 popular projectors in the market against each other to tell you which one should fulfill your home entertainment needs

DSLRs
We face-off eight of the latest DSLRs to hit the market to tell you where you should focus your money

Agent 001
DSLR lenses

Tips and Tricks
Windows 8
Microsoft Office 2013
Outlook.com

SKOAR!
Tribes: Ascend review
DOTA 2 preview

devworx
Understanding HTML5 Canvas
Jitender Verma, CIO, PVR on its app strategy
And much, much more...

Fast Track to Going Green

*img688.imageshack.us/img688/2471/fasttrackcoverresized.png

Chapter Highlights
What is green technology and why go green?
What are carbon credits?
Calculate your carbon footprint?
Myths about going green and why they're wrong
How to go green?
Buying right
and more...

DVD contents

Alpha DVD

*img694.imageshack.us/img694/7966/alphacrop.png

Omega DVD

*img841.imageshack.us/img841/7171/omegacrop.png

Alpha
Games
Tribes: Ascend
MegaGlest (linux)
BosWars
FreeCol
Orcs Must Die! 2 (demo)

Movie Trailers
Skyfall
Zero Dark Thirty
Killing Them Softly

Game Trailers
Tribes: Ascend (intro)
Tribes: Ascend (focus)
F1 2012 Dev diary
CryENGINE 2 techdemo
Borderlands 2

Maintenance
Defraggler 2.1
SpeedFan
Speccy 1.17
Ccleaner 3.2.1

Media Management
iTunes 10 (64-bit)
iTunes 10 (32-bit)
IrfanView 4.3
K-Lite Codec Pack 9.10
Picasa 3.9
VLC 2.0.3
Winamp 5.6

Drivers
AMD Catalyst drivers (32bit)
AMD Catalyst drivers (64-bit)
nVidia forceware (32-bit)
nVidia forceware (64-bit)

Security
Avast!
Kaspersky Internet Security 12
Trend Micro Maximum security
Sandboxie
Spybot S&D 1.62
Unlocker 1.9.1

Media editing
Audacity 2.0.1
Any Video Converter
Gimp 2.8
Paint.NET 3.5.10

Productivity
OpenOffice 3.40
PDFCreator 1.4.3
Adobe Reader 10.13

Suggested
7-zip 9.20
.NET framework 4.0
Daemon Tools Lite 4.45
Free Download manager
Adobe Flash Player (IE)
Adobe Flash Player (non-IE)
Silverlight
TeraCopy 2.27
uTorrent
Google Chrome
Steam installer
VirtualBox 4.1.18
Fences
TeamViewer 7
Google Drive
Hamachi

Ashampoo
Burning Studio 11
Music Studio 3.51
Photo Commander 10
WinOptimizer 9

Wallpapers
80 hand-picked wallpapers

Omega
devworx
CryENGINE 3 SDK
CryENGINE 3 resources
Unity Engine 3.5 SDK
Unity resources
Unity tutorials
Unreal Engine SDK
Speed Dreams (source)
Notepad++ 6.1.5

Distros
antix
DSL 4.4 RC

Lectures
A part of the lecture series on Programming Methodology from the good folk at Stanford University

MS Office 2013

Going Green
Minerals from seawater
Freeing energy from the grid
Arduino and open-source
Eating our own landscape
Putting a value on nature

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
My first impression when I encountered September 2012 cover while scrolling through FB wall was that of shock. It led me to double check the authenticity of the post and to confirm that it was from the official page! Despite the fact that the cover took me my surprise I am not sure if I should see it in the negative light. As the explanation by Mr. Robert himself stated how screwed up some companies are to take its consumer base for granted.

In light of the recent breakouts for the injustice and corruption in India, it's a high time that we take this fight to the next level. The level of the "corporates". After all earning money (though legal ways) is a hard nut to crack. And to get the best value out of that green is every consumers right. Almost every consumer including me have faced the prying eyes of these corporates before we buy something from them, which leads straight to the sheer ignorance of cries of help when we want to claim warranty or just basic troubleshooting.

This cover is a bold step to garner attention of such corporates which may lead to some amount of criticism and opposition but definitely more support and inquisitiveness from the consumers who want these corporates to realize the true power of the "general public".

As a regular buyer of every digit issue from news stands I would be eager to buy this special issue more than ever before! :p

mayank_agarwal

Broken In
A thing to say:

26132007.jpg

pratyush997

Inactive
^^Nope I mean...instead of magz(paper) y don't they sell PDFs/eBooks ?

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone

Digit for iPhone, iPad, Android, Smartphone, Tablet device, & Web Subscription from Magzter - Digital Magazine Store

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ pratyush997 - make use of these :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/23179-suggestion-box.html
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/123086-editors-desk.html

Saumil996

Journeyman
i don't know if i should post it here but there seems to be no place else. My problem is with the game you provided in this months dvd(Tribes Ascend) and the promotional offer which i signed up for but i haven't recieved my spinfusor yet :|

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
i don't know if i should post it here but there seems to be no place else. My problem is with the game you provided in this months dvd(Tribes Ascend) and the promotional offer which i signed up for but i haven't recieved my spinfusor yet :|

Did you follow the instructions and send a mail to "editor @ thinkdigit .com" with "Tribes Ascend" as the subject? What username did you use to register? PM me the details or post it here. I'll look into it.

For everyone else interested in Tribes, use Thinkdigit-Tribes Ascend Promo to register. Please follow the instructions on the page to register for free goodies.

Saumil996

Journeyman
Did you follow the instructions and send a mail to "editor @ thinkdigit .com" with "Tribes Ascend" as the subject? What username did you use to register? PM me the details or post it here. I'll look into it.

For everyone else interested in Tribes, use Thinkdigit-Tribes Ascend Promo to register. Please follow the instructions on the page to register for free goodies.

Sorry I did not do the above mentioned part. I am Really really really sorry :noob: And i emailed the editor right now

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Sorry I did not do the above mentioned part. I am Really really really sorry :noob: And i emailed the editor right now

NO! Such negligence on your part will not go unpunished! No spinfusor for you! :evil:

Seriously though, don't worry about it. We all forget to follow the instructions from time to time. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom