Preview and Feedback [October 2012]

NGK

Right off the assembly line
Dear Sir,

Your magazine have long been making technology easy for the masses who are always left wondering if it was always so easy to begin with after reading it. Evolving the Indian techie who is never truly free and at the same time changing the past generation's outlook towards technology, there's always something new to discover in a Digit magazine. I have never felt sorry for buying a copy off the new-stands back from 2003 and I'll stay on with you guys, one among the many thousands of Techgurus and Techgyannis your magazine have created. With Digit, there is always a clever way of hiding bad Ads. in between good pages and good Ads. in between bad pages. I personally adore that trait of yours "Active promotion (of the good) and Passive Shunting (of the bad)". It's such minor quirks that make Digit all the more endearing, from it's humble beginnings all those years ago. Many have came to challenge my relationship with Digit and all have failed for they were all passing fancies in an ocean of desire for more Tech Gyann. Like Telephone always following a Tarmac, A community of intelligent and empowered citizens sharing the wealth of knowledge to all those in need always follows where a Digit is. I salute all those who toil behind the scene to make this dream a reality for their work transformers the lives of millions of people like no other media can (that's tech power). And by millions, I mean everybody from those getting their first taste of the Digit pie to full-time addicts. I have been to both ends of the spectrum from having nothing but drooling over the photos in Digit to owning 30+ Gadgets, thoroughly enjoying the ride with my faithful companion, Digit. I can shamelessly admit that Digit is to blame for such high levels of technology penetration in our nation, beginning it's divine duties from the days of Floppy discs. Live on and never die for you're the daily bread and butter of many tech addicts and avid enthusiasts from all over the world.

Yours,
Nirmal George.
Kottayam.

PS: Recently I have tried out ordering your books online and came up sad - >> I had ordered the digit magazine (October 2012) online on 28th September and got the tracking ID for Bluedart™ courier services (Reference No : N004565). Till date (10-09-12) I hadn't received my copy. I find it difficult to visit Bluedart™ office which is 40minutes away from my home, but my copy is "Held At Destination". Is this expected or has there been a change of policy at Digit regarding delivery of online orders? (A few months ago I had ordered the Anniversary edition and received it at my doorstep). This regrettable situation could have been averted and we expected that you guys give more priority to getting the magazine quickly in our hands, rather than let us wait.

Vibhansh Gupta

Right off the assembly line
I know that digit is amazing....but in october month's issue i could not install the game demos...please help :-( ....My Pc also don't let me install windows 8 RP on it....It says that this PC's CPU is not comaptible with it....But my pc has-

Processor-Dual Core 2.5 ghz
Graphics- Nvidia Ge Force 210,Direct X 10
RAM- 2GB (32-bit)
Hard Disk-80 GB

Please Help..:-(

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Dear Sir,

Your magazine have long been making technology easy for the masses who are always left wondering if it was always so easy to begin with after reading it. Evolving the Indian techie who is never truly free and at the same time changing the past generation's outlook towards technology, there's always something new to discover in a Digit magazine. I have never felt sorry for buying a copy off the new-stands back from 2003 and I'll stay on with you guys, one among the many thousands of Techgurus and Techgyannis your magazine have created. With Digit, there is always a clever way of hiding bad Ads. in between good pages and good Ads. in between bad pages. I personally adore that trait of yours "Active promotion (of the good) and Passive Shunting (of the bad)". It's such minor quirks that make Digit all the more endearing, from it's humble beginnings all those years ago. Many have came to challenge my relationship with Digit and all have failed for they were all passing fancies in an ocean of desire for more Tech Gyann. Like Telephone always following a Tarmac, A community of intelligent and empowered citizens sharing the wealth of knowledge to all those in need always follows where a Digit is. I salute all those who toil behind the scene to make this dream a reality for their work transformers the lives of millions of people like no other media can (that's tech power). And by millions, I mean everybody from those getting their first taste of the Digit pie to full-time addicts. I have been to both ends of the spectrum from having nothing but drooling over the photos in Digit to owning 30+ Gadgets, thoroughly enjoying the ride with my faithful companion, Digit. I can shamelessly admit that Digit is to blame for such high levels of technology penetration in our nation, beginning it's divine duties from the days of Floppy discs. Live on and never die for you're the daily bread and butter of many tech addicts and avid enthusiasts from all over the world.

Yours,
Nirmal George.
Kottayam.

PS: Recently I have tried out ordering your books online and came up sad - >> I had ordered the digit magazine (October 2012) online on 28th September and got the tracking ID for Bluedart™ courier services (Reference No : N004565). Till date (10-09-12) I hadn't received my copy. I find it difficult to visit Bluedart™ office which is 40minutes away from my home, but my copy is "Held At Destination". Is this expected or has there been a change of policy at Digit regarding delivery of online orders? (A few months ago I had ordered the Anniversary edition and received it at my doorstep). This regrettable situation could have been averted and we expected that you guys give more priority to getting the magazine quickly in our hands, rather than let us wait.

Well, the bluedart website says that the package has been delivered today. Have you actually received the issue? If not, please send a mail to help @ thinkdigit. com with details. :)

I know that digit is amazing....but in october month's issue i could not install the game demos...please help :-( ....My Pc also don't let me install windows 8 RP on it....It says that this PC's CPU is not comaptible with it....But my pc has-

RAM- 2GB (32-bit)
Hard Disk-80 GB

The installation instructions for the game are present on the DVD itself. You need to follow them to install the game.

Are you trying to install a 64-bit version of Windows from within a 32-bit version? if you are, then you won't be able to install Windows 8 that way. Head over to *www.thinkdigit.com/Software/Windows-8-installation-guide_10083.html
and follow the instructions that you would need. :)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

RAM- 2GB (32-bit)
Hard Disk-80 GB

you need steam for it. First download this *cdn.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi
then let it update. After that make a free account from the main screen :)

their website Welcome to Steam

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
ok this is just a query than a preview or feeback..hope am asking in the right place..i wish to start my digit subcription...was looking at your subscription form & wondered..what is music mania??why is music mania getting 1500 worth of benefit but 3 year money saver package saves only 1201...why not equivalent if not greater than the music mania pack?

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
ok this is just a query than a preview or feeback..hope am asking in the right place..i wish to start my digit subcription...was looking at your subscription form & wondered..what is music mania??why is music mania getting 1500 worth of benefit but 3 year money saver package saves only 1201...why not equivalent if not greater than the music mania pack?

Read the subscription page carefully. The music mania offer is an 18-month subscription where you pay the full cover price and get a set of earphones free. Supposedly worth Rs.1500.

The other money saver packages are 1 year and 3 year packages where you get a cash discount on the cover price where you pay 20% less than the cover price.

hari1

In the zone
@Digit Team

What about giving CTC like 2-3 puzzles in the magazine itself every month and feature the winners in the magazine too:) ( there can free gifts like next month issue free or something like that :)) . It would be hit and viable replacement for the old small contests that have been removed from magazine.

What do you say Digit Team?

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
must commend you guys for this month's issue..thanks for the cds as well...overall very satisfying...ps:- when did you guys move your office to govandi from rk studios?

Top Bottom