Preview and Feedback [October 2012]

r4gs

In the zone
Buy Smart

*imageshack.us/a/img846/9523/digitoct12807x1102.jpg

Buy Smart
As the festival season approaches, we give you all the latest dos and don'ts when buying, so you're not taken in by all the hype.

Package Contents:
  • Digit magazine
  • Fast Track
  • devworx special booklet
  • 3xDVDs

Order the magazine at: Digit store
Phone and Tablet version at: Magzter

Comparison Tests
HD Media Player
13 HD Media players walk the plank. Which one survived?

External Storage (HDD and flash-based devices)
Need more space to store all those new memories? Here are some options.

Bazaar
Google Nexus 7 tablet
Nikon D600
Sony Xperia IonASUS Maximus V Extreme
MSI MPower Z77
ASUS GTX 660
Cooler Master Sonuz gaming headphone
Cooler Master HAF XM
Dell XPS 14 Ultrabook
Samsung Galaxy Note 800
Samsung Galaxy Beam
LG Optimus 4X HD

Agent 001
Budget tablets (under Rs.10k)

Tips and Tricks
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Adobe Illustrator CS6
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6
Wikipedia
Quora
and more...

SKOAR!
Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition (PC)
Darksiders II
Sleeping Dogs (on the DVD)
SMITE preview

devworx
Feature: Modernizr
Interview: David Yin, GM, Developer Business, vserv.mobi

Guide to building ultrabook apps (devworx booklet)
*imageshack.us/a/img521/7857/devworxoct12800.jpg

Chapter Highlights
Build touch apps
Sensor and location apps
and more...

Fast Track to e-commerce

*imageshack.us/a/img267/5042/digitftoct12800.jpg

Chapter Highlights
E-commerce in India
Types of e-commerce sites and how they work
How secure is your online transaction?
The Dos and Don'ts of e-commerce
A definitive guide to buying from abroad

DVD contents

Alpha DVD

*imageshack.us/a/img812/5312/dvd1alphadvdoct12769x76.jpg

Alpha DVD manifest

Omega DVD

*imageshack.us/a/img152/4397/dvd2omegadvdoct12769x76.jpg

Omega DVD manifest

Extraa DVD

*imageshack.us/a/img854/1540/dvd3extraadvdoct12769x7.jpg

Extraa DVD manifest

satyadeep

Broken In
"Interesting for sure! "
Yeah really great issue.. I found it very useful for the beginners..
I was seeking for web designing tutorials....
I liked the way you compiled the issue...
I am very eager to unfold the suspense..

Roshan9415

Broken In
Impressive Issue.Recently saw the DVD List.Thanks for Backtrack5,PHP Video,HTML5 Video and Little Thanks for Movie Effect.Why Little Thanks??? Well I expect that u guys give us Video Effect Video and Software for some open source software like Blender but u provide videos for Premium paid software..(not so bad)
We cannot practice on Trial Software due to Trial Limitation.Now We have to search for Crack for these Videos Software,also I dont think there are only two windows software for Video Editing in Market,at least u can add 4,5 windows video editing software and some open source software also...Missing Window8 Enterprise Trial Edition.Can u include it in November Issue???
And thanks for Ubuntu Studio.

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
Impressive Issue.Recently saw the DVD List.Thanks for Backtrack5,PHP Video,HTML5 Video and Little Thanks for Movie Effect.Why Little Thanks??? Well I expect that u guys give us Video Effect Video and Software for some open source software like Blender but u provide videos for Premium paid software..(not so bad)
We cannot practice on Trial Software due to Trial Limitation.Now We have to search for Crack for these Videos Software,also I dont think there are only two windows software for Video Editing in Market,at least u can add 4,5 windows video editing software and some open source software also...Missing Window8 Enterprise Trial Edition.Can u include it in November Issue???
And thanks for Ubuntu Studio.

Of course there is plenty of free software available for Video editing and other tutorials, but it made more sense to provide the software we provided tutorials for on the DVD itself. Space was at a premium last month and we just barely managed to squeeze in all that content. Including some extra software would have meant dropping some tutorials and with the tips and tricks also tying in with the DVD content, it made for a more complete package.

Also, why do you need to crack all that software? Haven't you heard of student programs? Adobe, Autodesk and even Microsoft have excellent deals for students. You can even apply for youth/student cards (IYTC I believe, not sure though) and get Windows 7 for example, at about Rs.1000 or less. :)

Glad you liked the rest of the content. :D

---

This last question is for everyone here....

Why do you guys actually want the Windows 8 enterprise edition. We've been getting requests for it in our mail as well as on the forum, but to what end?

How is it so different from Windows 8 CP and RP, etc., that we've provided earlier? I don't mean technical differences, I mean more in terms of what you, as a subscriber of Digit, would want to do with it. If all you want is a taste of Windows 8, the earlier previews are more than sufficient.

Roshan9415

Broken In
I read somewhere that window8 cp is 5,6month older than enterprise edition,thats why I request to you.I think u can give in Collectors :cool: :wink:

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
I read somewhere that window8 cp is 5,6month older than enterprise edition,thats why I request to you.I think u can give in Collectors :cool: :wink:

It is older, but what I'm asking is if there is any relevant difference. The enterprise edition is meant for enterprise/corporate users after all.

Putting it in the collector's issue would mean 3GB of content for something we might have already given before, instead of something that might be more relevant. :)

dead.night7

Journeyman
I'm sorry digit,
I saw the content for the main page already a few days ago, But I want to say how many of us are really always in a mood for shopping, I'm not The people who want to shop they click and buy, Its not that the Online Shopping has just emerged in this country right now!! But it has been since past 5 years or so, When I made my first purchase online, Now who the freak does not know what, when how to deal with online stuff/people!!
Why should we have a book on e-commerce?

Regarding DVDs
PHP, HTML5, JavaScript, Adobe Premiere, Dreamweaver, and many other you gave already are more than one year old! From the same youtube uploader BuckyRoberts, I have already seen majority of his videos

Instead you could also have given many more if you just wanted to fill these DVDs yaar!... I dont know about the quality yet!
Instead there are 3DSMax, UDK, .NET also under 200 vids each you could have filled these too o_O

Magazine: Entirely filled up with Products + Marketing
DVDs Can be easily watched online stream just one channel thenewboston on youtube, Now who don't have an Internet these days...
+ Softwares downloadable.. Many more I have seriously forgot the smell of fresh new pages of Digit opened I used to do in the past... >.<

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I liked the Alpha and Omega DVD very much .. and we can always demand for some more tutorials and will get those as well .. there's less than 2 months in-between .. Dec 2012 will be also a special one? right and about the cover of the mag .. the digit logo looks very cool ;-)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Despite of the fact that no one replied to my query here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/123086-editors-desk-15.html#post1747564, I purchased October edition successfully while the scheme lasted.

Now waiting to get my hands on it! Looks interesting.

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
I'm sorry digit,
I saw the content for the main page already a few days ago, But I want to say how many of us are really always in a mood for shopping, I'm not The people who want to shop they click and buy, Its not that the Online Shopping has just emerged in this country right now!! But it has been since past 5 years or so, When I made my first purchase online, Now who the freak does not know what, when how to deal with online stuff/people!!
Why should we have a book on e-commerce?

Regarding DVDs
PHP, HTML5, JavaScript, Adobe Premiere, Dreamweaver, and many other you gave already are more than one year old! From the same youtube uploader BuckyRoberts, I have already seen majority of his videos

Instead you could also have given many more if you just wanted to fill these DVDs yaar!... I dont know about the quality yet!
Instead there are 3DSMax, UDK, .NET also under 200 vids each you could have filled these too o_O

Magazine: Entirely filled up with Products + Marketing
DVDs Can be easily watched online stream just one channel thenewboston on youtube, Now who don't have an Internet these days...
+ Softwares downloadable.. Many more I have seriously forgot the smell of fresh new pages of Digit opened I used to do in the past... >.<

You'll be surprised at how many people don't have internet access. And don't be silly, of course we can't please everyone and I'm sure there are many of you for whom the entire contents of the DVD and/or magazine are irrelevant, but there are many many more for whom it is relevant. :cool:

If you (dead.night7) have learned so much on your own then good for you. Now instead of complaining why not join in and help us help others? We're always on the lookout for new interns/writers/freelancers and you're very welcome to lend a hand. :)

regmi

Broken In
The magazine and dvd contents in DIGIT are always good for those who doesn't have good internet connection. For those who have good internet connection most of the contents are always useless. I have good internet connection, so much of the stuffs are useless and the price tag of Rs. 200 is too high.

mastervk

In the zone
Most of the middle class Indians don't realise that internet Penetration is very low in India... even among those who have internet most does not have high speed internet ...

Roshan9415

Broken In
You'll be surprised at how many people don't have internet access. And don't be silly, of course we can't please everyone and I'm sure there are many of you for whom the entire contents of the DVD and/or magazine are irrelevant, but there are many many more for whom it is relevant.

If you (dead.night7) have learned so much on your own then good for you. Now instead of complaining why not join in and help us help others? We're always on the lookout for new interns/writers/freelancers and you're very welcome to lend a hand.

Yeah Right bro.We have Internet,but very slow.Its better to buy dvd than downloading.In India,I think only 5% to 8% people have only faster Internet connection.Streaming to dur ki baat,mere browser me Teji se webpage khulne lage wahi badi baat hogi.

satyadeep

Broken In
You'll be surprised at how many people don't have internet access. And don't be silly, of course we can't please everyone and I'm sure there are many of you for whom the entire contents of the DVD and/or magazine are irrelevant, but there are many many more for whom it is relevant. :cool:

If you (dead.night7) have learned so much on your own then good for you. Now instead of complaining why not join in and help us help others? We're always on the lookout for new interns/writers/freelancers and you're very welcome to lend a hand. :)

I also have PHP, HTML5, javascript Videos. I was expecting other videos. Instead there are 3DSMax, UDK, .NET also under 200 vids each you could have filled these too . I was not thinking to remove those videos but if you removed trial stuffs like adobe dreamweaver and added other Open source stuff then that would be more likely exciting ...

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally bought the mag. Impressed this time. The articles look good. The DVD‘s look worth checking out..The FT‘s are also on good topic IMO. More feedback soon :)

Top Bottom