"Press F1 to enter setup" message on startup

slashragnarok

In the zone
My current config is the one in my signature. The problem is that if I start my PC after a long duration, say 2 days, a message shows "Press F1 to enter setup". After entering bios setup I find that all my OC settings have been reset. I don't think this is a CMOS battery problem as the system date and time are not affected. I've tried resetting CMOS using the jumper and overclocking on a fresh basis. This message doesn't pop up every time the PC is started but only if there is a considerable gap between one shutdown and the next start up.

And I would also like to add that my OC is very stable. 4.5 GHz at 1.25 Vcore. It's 12 hour Prime (large ffts) stable.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

clmlbx

Technomancer
to me it looks like your cmos battery is Dead or dying if you say date & time are intact.. try changing it.

If battery is dying then don't need to wait 2 days to check just wait 5 minutes after shutting down ur comp and complete power.. even remove power plug

clmlbx

Technomancer
How much do you use your computer?

Long down time = Battery will be Drawn faster

use 24/7 and battery will Die in years..

but still June is too soon but try changing it.. You do know that battery will cost just 10-15 INR

Did this problem occur recently or immediately after purchase..

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
I just tried shutting down and removing plug. Everything is fine. OC settings are intact. The thing I mentioned is happening pretty randomly. Sometimes after 2 days sometimes overnight.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ are you using the latest Bios version - if not update the mobo bios to the latest version.

OP
slashragnarok

slashragnarok

In the zone
@topgear

Okay that sounds like a good suggestion.

(P.S. How on earth do you manage to stay awake at almost 5 in the morning that too in this weather?)

Top Bottom