Pre-Installed Linux Tops Dell Customer Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
the main rumour that is circulated(ing) is that Linux is NOT user-friendly.I agree that a small learning curve is needed;it really helps.you are totally controlling your PC/OS;not the otherway the popular redmond OS does.but Linux now entered Desktop Segment.believe it or noT!The prospective buyers of Vista some of them had moved to Linux , I believe.
btw i found a interesting link though its a bit loong definitely a must read for windows Vista fans:
A Cost Analysis of Windows Vista Content Protection

Last edited:
OP
freebird

freebird

Debian Rocks!
update:
Dell Censors IdeaStorm Linux Dissent

thefickler writes "It seems pointless to seek ideas and feedback if you're going to ignore and delete the opinions you don't like. That's exactly what Dell is doing with its IdeaStorm website, which the company set up to solicit such ideas and feedback. Dell deleted a post linking to an article that criticizes its handling of the 'pre-installed Linux' issue."
source:
*yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/03/01/1622236.shtml

then Y da hell they built such a site?

praka123

left this forum longback
Dell offered Linux on desktop PCs until 2001, but dropped the option after it became closer to Microsoft.
the Micro$it side effect :))
*www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
eddie said:
Since how many years are we listening that Linux will be dead? Every year we hear that Linux "is already dead or will die soon" by Windows fanatics. So far nothing has happened. I doubt if anything will ever happen :D
I agree.
LOL.:razz: :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom