Prbolems with dynamic pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
dudes here is my problem.

I need to make an online address book of my batch mates and it should have the following features.

1) Provisions for login and adding/editing their profiles themselves.
2) Access to the address book and ceratin other places only after logging in.

Now, I have a 50 MB webspace with PHP & mySQL support...but unfortunately dont know how to move further. Infact I created a website with static pages, but it is accessible by anyone and changes can only be done by me.....

Please anyone can help by giving a step-by-step approach???

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Maybe a php script can do what you want -

*php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/Online_Organizers/Address_Books/
*www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Organizers/more7.html
*scripts.filehungry.com/showcase/php/online_organizers/address_books/
*www.refdev.com/free_scripts/PHP/Online_Organizers/

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Yahoo would be the best option for you. HOwever if you are knowledgeable about programming (which you will need to customize the scripts) go for the scripts

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Using pre-made scripts is not that hard. Just give it a try, it would be better than yahoo groups or any other such readymade services.

They are just like installing a software offline.

OP
P

pratheesh_prakash

Broken In
Yahoo! is NOT at all a best option for me...we already have a Yahoo! group...but we need some more flexible addressbook...Yahoo! addressbook have many problems,like once a non-moderator enters something, he cant edit it himself and if I provide him the "POWER TO EDIT", he has the power to edit other entries also....
and also we would like include a photo or photo album which is not possible with Yahoo! in a flexible way......

lemme try out the scripts......thanx for posting

thecyclone2k

In the zone
Welcome!! I am sure any of those scripts would suit your needs. Let us know the results.

Glad to help and break the monopoly of Yahoo! a little.

OP
P

pratheesh_prakash

Broken In
Well I got an addressbook script from *scripts.filehungry.com/showcase/php/online_organizers/address_books/ and Installed it....so far so good....no problems till now....it has all the features I want....and thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom