Broken In
I want specifications(ratings of amps etc) of
VIP / powersafe 500watt SMPS
VIP / Powersafe 600watt SMPS

i have googled as well as searched digit but in vain

i wish to run two 8800 in SLI

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
get Zeb 730 Diamond. Its proven much stable by CHIP mag. Its as stable as Antec Neo power or trio. And SLI sertified too

*www.zebronics.net/zeb-730w-spec.asp

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
well if ur running 2 8800s in SLI you oughta get a PSU with much more stable rails .. And IMO the Powersafe/Vip ones aint that stable and are just single rail ones...
Spend a bit more and go for a Coolermaster Extreme Power 500 or 600W if ur on a budget, it'll do u good..

Look here for a tiered rating of the various PSUs and see where Zebronics stands... *www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its mentioning bout normal CM nd Zebronics PSU.
CM's Extreme Power and Zeb Diamond 730 is as stable as the Antec or OCZ.

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
Dunno abt that, not had any personal experience with zebronics, so can't comment much either.. But the CM Extreme Power being a Seventeam OEM and considering Seventeam's reliability I personally would go with it any day if i need a budget PSU..

Btw Oodibaba hasn't stated which 8800s he's planning to use in SLI.. If its the GTX:)o) then I'd recommend he not look at either Zebronics or CM Extreme Pwr and go for a Corsair HX or OCZ GameXstream instead(the money spent will be worth it).. If its the GTS then Zeb or CM would do..

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^Agreed but I dont think u can go abt comparin the Zebbys n Xtreme power with tha premium ones such as Antecs, corsairs...

@oodibaba- I jus know dat the Powersafe 600W has dual 12v rails havin 22A..

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Sylar said:
And IMO the Powersafe/Vip ones aint that stable and are just single rail ones...
I think Powesafce have Dual Rail, check with Official Site for Powersafe:)

OP
O

Oodibaba

Broken In
Sylar said:
Dunno abt that, not had any personal experience with zebronics, so can't comment much either.. But the CM Extreme Power being a Seventeam OEM and considering Seventeam's reliability I personally would go with it any day if i need a budget PSU..
u sure abt that buddy

Btw Oodibaba hasn't stated which 8800s he's planning to use in SLI.. If its the GTX:)o) then I'd recommend he not look at either Zebronics or CM Extreme Pwr and go for a Corsair HX or OCZ GameXstream instead(the money spent will be worth it).. If its the GTS then Zeb or CM would do..

U sure that they are seventeam OEMS....

BTW m getting the two EVGA 8800 GTS's (640MB) from US

Sylar said:
well if ur running 2 8800s in SLI you oughta get a PSU with much more stable rails .. And IMO the Powersafe/Vip ones aint that stable and are just single rail ones...
Spend a bit more and go for a Coolermaster Extreme Power 500 or 600W if ur on a budget, it'll do u good..

Look here for a tiered rating of the various PSUs and see where Zebronics stands... *www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

even the power safe 300 watt smps has dual rails (13A and 9 A)

i wanted to know the ratings of VIP 500watt smps coz the coolermasters have 18Amps on each rail..so if VIPs have higher ratings then i would prefer those what say people

and people please consider i ve 4 hardisks running on raid 0 and 2 optical drives and 4 fans running

and ya forgot to mention powersafe VIP smps's have 3 year warranty

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Oodibaba
ull need at least 650w PSU to support all dat loads.

As u gonna get da card from US, why not get the PSu also from there?

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
Oodibaba said:
U sure that they are seventeam OEMS....
Yes i'm sure.. But just read that it is a Seventeam ST-[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]500BKV[/FONT] one and gives a peak output of only 530W... Dunno y CM has relabelled it 600 though...

Oodibaba said:
even the power safe 300 watt smps has dual rails (13A and 9 A)
Are u sure? Coz according to this.. *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/downloads/smps-comparision-chart.pdf even Powersafe 400W has a single rail.. So i doubt if 300W would be having dual, haven't seen the ratings of that yet though...

aravind_n20 said:
@Oodibaba
ull need at least 650w PSU to support all dat loads.
As u gonna get da card from US, why not get the PSu also from there?
i agree... plus u haven't told us what processor you got.. considering you have a C2D you would need at least a min of 600W(if not more)..

See here for more info on choosing a PSU .. *forum.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&forum=1&threadid=1218226&pagenumber=2&msgcount=36&subpage=1 (got this thanks to Eazy@TE)...

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
ooooff hoo,all u need is a true rated Corsair HX620w.It will be more than enough for ur need.It has 50amp of total current on the 12v rails and has two pci-express power connectors for SLI(theoretical output 900watt and real output 600watt).Its SLI certified and can support upto two 8800 GTX in SLI.Its efficiency is 85%.It costs Rs7,800 including tax and is available from tirupati enterprices.Close ur eyes and take it.For ur system this is what u need anything below just won't do justice.

Sylar

a.k.a Niks
^^^ exactly wat i've been wanting to say from the beginning.. but everyone's after powersafes & vips here...!!! btw Harvik the HX 620's price has dropped a bit .. can be got for arnd 7k depending in which city u are...

Edit : @oodibaba here's the review to help u out.. *www.jonnyguru.com/review_details.php?id=32

OP
O

Oodibaba

Broken In
Sylar said:
Are u sure? Coz according to this.. *www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/downloads/smps-comparision-chart.pdf even Powersafe 400W has a single rail.. So i doubt if 300W would be having dual, haven't seen the ratings of that yet though...
i saw a VIP 300W psu it had 2 rails here r the specs

+3.3V +5V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5VSB
18A 12A 8A 13A 0.3A 2.5A

dunno when kunhar last updated their site...:mad:
and that comparision chart sucks its quite old
Sylar said:
i agree... plus u haven't told us what processor you got.. considering you have a C2D you would need at least a min of 600W(if not more)..
got E6750

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
for calculating the required rating for PSU check out dis:

*www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

and use the power consumption calculator nd post the result also.

My power consumption at peak load is 610W according to da calculator.

Last edited:

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Oodibaba said:
so powersafe is not a good brand

It is good, reputed and reliable INDIAN brand, but may be not SUIT to your requirements.

..hmmm ok will opt for corsair then

Man Powersafe @3500 while corsair is near by @7000/- or less, how can you expect same PERFORMANCE at 50% reduce rate with Powersafe. :)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Oodibaba said:
so powersafe is not a good brand ..hmmm
ok will opt for corsair then
Yes opt for corsair.It comes with 5 year warranty and can support excellent stability for extreme overclocking.It has modular cables which means u can add the cables u need and disconnect the ones u don't.I would also like to suggest u not to opt for other cheap components,get good quality ram(transend or kingston) and atleast a zebronics geforce cabinet or if u like to go for more i suggest Antec cabinets.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Harvik780
nowadays some kingston memories [DDR2 667] comes with Hynix chips in it. They are no gud. Sure they have quality, but u can't oc them or optimise the latencies, but all transcent modules carry jetram chips, so gud OC is guarenteed.
But Some Kingston memories are oc friendly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom