Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
premsharma said:
VIP / Powersafe 500 Watt Gold, wil be available for arround Rs 3000 at Mumbai.

VIP (Powersafe) Silver (400W) =1200/-
VIP Gold (400W)=1400/-
Powersafe Gold (400W)=1475/-
VIP (Powersafe) 500W Gold=2800/-

Lemington Road Saturday (03-02-07) Price.

Now no more updates as I finally bought Powersafe 400W Gold.

Last edited:

premsharma

In the zone
Stick said:
PowerSafe Silver (400W) =1375/-
PowerSafe Gold (500W)=1500/-

Lemington Road Saturday (27-1-07) Price.

I think there is some confusion. I am talking about VIP 500 watt, really don't know about powersafe rates. Check with kunhar peripherals, I think 500 watt gold costs arround 2500-3000.

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
Stick said:
PowerSafe Silver (400W) =1375/-
PowerSafe Gold (500W)=1500/-

Lemington Road Saturday (27-1-07) Price.

You gotta be kidding me..... I bought a PowerSafe Gold (500W) from Novelties goregoan east.. for 3200rs +75 bucks for CC payment ... The box says 4000rs as MRP... Extremly good SMPS with 6 PATA connector, 2 ATX connectors for p4, 1 EPS connector and 2 SATA connectors .. DUAL FAN and daam smmoth finish tell me you can get this in 1500 bucks and i recommend to evry one that donot ever buy Powersafe or VIP products again if BOX says 4000 and company sells it for 1.5K such a company cannot be trusted.. A general markup of 25% is acceptable and seen but more than 50% ... what type of company does that???

premsharma

In the zone
VIP / Powersafe SMPS are extremely good and at par with Antec. I think the guy quoting Rs 17-1900 for gold finish 500 watt is not well informed. Powersafe 500 watt gold is arround Rs 3100.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
saurav29 said:
You gotta be kidding me..... I bought a PowerSafe Gold (500W) from Novelties goregoan east.. for 3200rs +75 bucks for CC payment ... The box says 4000rs as MRP... Extremly good SMPS with 6 PATA connector, 2 ATX connectors for p4, 1 EPS connector and 2 SATA connectors .. DUAL FAN and daam smmoth finish tell me you can get this in 1500 bucks and i recommend to evry one that donot ever buy Powersafe or VIP products again if BOX says 4000 and company sells it for 1.5K such a company cannot be trusted.. A general markup of 25% is acceptable and seen but more than 50% ... what type of company does that???
Cool dude,:)

I think the one with whom I am in contact by mail get some misunderstanding;). I will again check with him and post here in this week. Till that enjoy Quality PSU and post here more.

Last edited:
OP
gmanog

gmanog

Journeyman
guys I have found a website to calculate the power supply needed, check it
*extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

abhishekky

Right off the assembly line
i think cooler master 380 watt will be enough for u, i am using since 2 months, i have amd x2 3800+ , 160gb hdd and 7600gt pci, viewsonic 19" monitor. its work good on my system.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
abhishekky said:
i think cooler master 380 watt will be enough for u, i am using since 2 months, i have amd x2 3800+ , 160gb hdd and 7600gt pci, viewsonic 19" monitor. its work good on my system.

Price and source?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
abhishekky said:

The monitor doesn't have any relevance here since it will not draw power from SMPS.

premsharma

In the zone
janitha said:
The monitor doesn't have any relevance here since it will not draw power from SMPS.

If you connect through SMPS, it will draw, but TFT consumption is less. Nevertheless if 19" and wants to be futuristic like adding graphic cards etc, should go for 500 watt Gold [arround 3000+] from powersafe or Antec [4000+].

janitha

Wise Old Owl
premsharma said:
If you connect through SMPS, it will draw, but TFT consumption is less. Nevertheless if 19" and wants to be futuristic like adding graphic cards etc, should go for 500 watt Gold [arround 3000+] from powersafe or Antec [4000+].

No, The LCD monitor draws AC supply only and not through the SMPS circuit. It has its own power supply circuit.
Even if you connect it to the socket in the SMPS, it is the same since it is only a bypass socket.

Last edited:

on_the_rocks

Broken In
janitha said:
No, The LCD monitor draws AC supply only and not through the SMPS circuit. It has its own power supply circuit.
Even if you connect it to the socket in the SMPS, it is the same since it is only a bypass socket.

I agree... though it is not just bypass... Have surge suppression to save monitor from spikes and filter circuit too.. though in cheaper one it just bypasses ......

janitha

Wise Old Owl
on_the_rocks said:
I agree... though it is not just bypass... Have surge suppression to save monitor from spikes and filter circuit too.. though in cheaper one it just bypasses ......

My Antec SP500 doesn't even have such a socket!

on_the_rocks

Broken In
janitha said:
My Antec SP500 doesn't even have such a socket!

Then i am glad i didn't buy antec... mine is normal 400 watt smps... company i am not sure but its has two points .... one for system other for monitor... The point for monitor says that spike suppression and pure sine wave for monitor... infact even the dealer said that instead of connectiong it through UPS directly i should use this socket ... I remmeber this beacause i have to buy a cable for conencting monitor via smps as my TFT monitor came with normal cable.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom