Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanog

Journeyman
Hi
I would like to know the following details about the PC Power Supply ( lot of others may also want to know the same thing):

What is the minimum required power supply for the todays PCs(I mean todays most commonly used PCs with video card, few USB devices, two or three HDDs, Card Reader, DVD Drives one or two)?

What is the Best available PSU in India (Cheap and Best)?

How much power each one of the devices like Pro, Hdd, DVDD etc will require individually??

What will be the power supply consumption of a PC ( I mean How many units per Hour of running a PC)???

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
VIP or PowerSafe PSU. Go for some 350watt-450watt SMPS. They make really good PSUs..their 300 watts PSU can give about 450watts!!! And they don't cost a bomb either! :)

OP
gmanog

gmanog

Journeyman
samrulez said:
VIP or PowerSafe PSU. Go for some 350watt-450watt SMPS. They make really good PSUs..their 300 watts PSU can give about 450watts!!! And they don't cost a bomb either! :)

Thanks buddy.
do you know the cost of the PSUs?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well , here are some pointers i can mention :

(i) Preferably a dual rail PSU

(ii) A min. of 20A across the 12V rail is a must for optimum balance .. dual rail or more should have a min. of 25A

(iii) properly rated .. chepa PSU's are rated at around 500W while they're capable of max 350W ... for this u need to go for good brands like Antec or CoolerMaster

(iv) should contain SATA and a 6 pin power cable

(v) preferably with an Active PFC ..

Anyway .. keeping in mind all of these , u can think about an Antec Basiq PSU .. the 500W is a really good one for under 4k's ,,, and much future proof ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
samrulez said:

To be frank, I seriously have reservations about this. This is something never heard about even reg. international brands like Antec etc.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
deathvirus_me said:
Anyway .. keeping in mind all of these , u can think about an Antec Basiq PSU .. the 500W is a really good one for under 4k's ,,, and much future proof ...

But just bought the ANTEC BASIQ 500W from ALFA TECH for RS. 4576/- including vat.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Hmmm .. i'll have to reconfirm the price then , but i'm pretty sure its under 4k's .. coz the SP2.0 500W is around 5k's ..

saurav29

Waiting for 3 Miracles...
following is the list of antec Power supplies

Smart Power 2.0 (4 SATA Connetcors & PCI-E Graphics Card Connector. )
BP 350 @Rs2,250
BP 500 @Rs 3,800
SP 2.0 - 350 @ 2,750
SP 2.0 - 400 @ 3,500
SP 2.0 - 500 @ 4,850
---------------------------------------------------------------
True Power 2.0 nVidia Sli Ready
(4 SATA Connetcors & PCI-E Graphics Card Connector.)
TP 2.0 - 480 @ 5,200
TP 2.0 - 550 @Rs7,000
--------------------------------------------------------------
VIP and Powersafe both rated @ 550watts cost more or less same ie (Rs2500)

Powersafe Gold 400Watt PSU ( I have this one purchased couple of days earlier ) is doing all right costed me 1900 bucks ...............

Powersafe 400Watts PSU (Not the Gold Model) was priced at 1700 bucks....
all These prices are in mumbai and they vary by 100 to 150 bucks from dealer to dealer.............
and yeah all prices are for cash purchases only as some dealers quote more if you pay by plastic money aka (credit/Debit Card)
-------------------------------
peace
raj

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Well a Cooler Master 650 watt PSU is available for 3850/-....few months back.Its recommended that u take a bigger PSU if u want to upgrade ur PC in future.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
janitha said:
To be frank, I seriously have reservations about this. This is something never heard about even reg. international brands like Antec etc.

Donno, I got the info from this...
*www.kunhar.com/vipcabinets/downloads/smps-comparision-chart.pdf

Also. my fren is running his comp with at PSU ..his config goes like..
ATi X1900GT
Pentium 4 Prescott 506
+usual stuff like HDD,optic drive,2 mem sticks etc etc..
And his PC is stable since more that 6 months now.. :)

premsharma

In the zone
I think VIP & Powersafe are very nice considering thier price. They perform as well as cool masters & Antecs. Coolmasters & Antecs are priced high. The golden body model from VIP/Powersafe is a piece which U will get no where else. The biggest drawback is however, no support from company [kunhar peripherals]. They do not have even distributors in North. Only in Maharastra, Bangalore, I think.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I use 2 PSU's :p .... and would move for 3 when power requirements rise .... its the cheapest way .... also the ugliest .... but still very cool in it's own way :p

premsharma

In the zone
pathiks said:
Powersafe 400 W is available @ 1.5k...

They are basic models. Gold & silver body from VIP are costly. They are very heavy, cabinets should be capabale of taking them otherwise local cabinets will break due to their weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom