chimera201

Wise Old Owl
If someone buys a 1000w psu, then will he need to buy a ups with a capacity if 1 kva or higher? Or will a normal 600va ups suffice?

Will a higher watt psu draw more current only when needed or it may pull more watts arbitrarily, thus putting more load on the ups and increasing energy usage?

No higher watt PSU will only draw current as much is needed. But higher watt PSUs usually have higher capacity caps and charging them at switch on would have a higher load. Also 1KVA UPS will only output 1000watts at 100% efficiency which is not possible. For 1000 watts you would need atleast 1.5KVA UPS to be safe. But why would anyone get a 1000 watt PSU in the first place. 550W is good enough for any personal system.

quicky008

Technomancer
Is it safe to go with eag 750 pro from antec?how can i make sure that i am getting the latest model with 7 yrs warranty?

quicky008

Technomancer
Wanted to order the psu today itself but heard that the WB govt will be implementing total lockdown in containment zones for 2 weeks in a row, starting from Thursday of this week.

So i am not sure whether i will receive the item in time if i order it now(wanted to order from Amazon). Due to lockdown delivery maybe indefinitely delayed. Normally i buy stuff from md or vedant in kolkata but due to the current situation and prevailing transportation issues, i won't be able to visit their store physically.

quicky008

Technomancer
bought a new 700 VA APC ups recently-if i were to buy a 750w psu,would my ups be able to handle the power demands of such a psu?

quicky008

Technomancer
Earlier i used my old apc 650va ups with seasonic 620w psu as well as corsair 550w psu, but fortunately there were no issues despite the psu capacity being much higher than that of the ups.

Its said that higher watt psus tend to draw high inrush current at startup - could that damage the ups somehow?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Earlier i used my old apc 650va ups with seasonic 620w psu as well as corsair 550w psu, but fortunately there were no issues despite the psu capacity being much higher than that of the ups.

Its said that higher watt psus tend to draw high inrush current at startup - could that damage the ups somehow?
Like I said it all depends on various factors.e.g.under certain load+certain voltage+certain moment of power cut etc which you cannot predict so I guess you can leave it with chance.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Avoid such local brands, stick to corsair VS series(2017 version white label) for lowest end PCs & corsair CX series(2017 version white label) for budget range pc.
But AEROCOOL from Taiwan is also a good PSU, Isn't it?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
How are ARTIS Brand PSU/SMPS? Any Idea? Anyone using here?
As a rule of thumb, I always suggest everyone to keep at least 3000 INR as a budget for the PSU. And just to be safe, don't purchase anything outside of this list:
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Seasonic

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
But AEROCOOL from Taiwan is also a good PSU, Isn't it?

I don't think they have many good PSUs other than Project 7 which isn't available.
*www.techpowerup.com/review/aerocool-acp-650fp7/13.html

India is a very tough market for high quality PSUs. Only Corsair and Antec survived.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
*www.tomshardware.com/news/seasonic-outs-nvidia-12-pin-power-connector-lists-850w-psu

*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/p5TqPBwps9yVUcEWFUfPnf-650-80.jpg.webp*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5YcitNp9eMSUC4VFCHzawA-650-80.jpg.webp*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/3998Cq7Cjq2EZuRtx7952B-650-80.jpg.webp*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/7EFUpHAT7FPmgmxVWFDH6B-650-80.jpg.webp*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/fboYmHAuQK5sF8n8dKmX9B-650-80.jpg.webp*cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/VhtMF4UmDJ7nPMwC7QLMDB-650-80.jpg.webp

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
can anyone provide power supply list budget wise??
like this =>

between ₹1000-₹1500
1. cooler master xyz 400w = ₹1400 (rating = 6/10)
2. corsair xyz 350w = ₹1450 (rating = 7.5/10)
3. antec xyz 500w = 1500 (rating = 5.5/10)
between ₹1500-₹2000
etc etc..

I want to suggest power supply in my work area.
can anyone help me out..
I know about psu and 80+ bronze gold platinum but it will be better if I know the options with price while suggesting them..
thank you.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
can anyone provide power supply list budget wise??
like this =>

between ₹1000-₹1500
1. cooler master xyz 400w = ₹1400 (rating = 6/10)
2. corsair xyz 350w = ₹1450 (rating = 7.5/10)
3. antec xyz 500w = 1500 (rating = 5.5/10)
between ₹1500-₹2000
etc etc..

I want to suggest power supply in my work area.
can anyone help me out..
I know about psu and 80+ bronze gold platinum but it will be better if I know the options with price while suggesting them..
thank you.
Check linustechtips psu tier list & match with available psu on mdcomputers,vedant.primeabgb,theitdepot. To be frank there isn't much to select as very few good budget psu models available in India.
*linustechtips.com/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Top Bottom