Power supply Question (Tagan, Corsair, Cooler master)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
Hi,

I am going to buy a new PSU.

I am looking for 650W and above.

cant decide if modular power supplies are worth the extra price.

and what about service/RMA for Tagan in India? I live in Dehradun (Uttaranchal)

Also tagan has great lighting and should look cool with my Cooler Master Storm Scout cabinet. the problem is this case has a PSU position at the bottom. So The LED fan for the PSU would be facing down. Anyone one thing it is possible to put the PSU Upside down?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I doubt the holes will align upside down. Modular hardly makes a big difference, just that cable management is better. But you can manage with non modular too -- use cable ties, and tuck in unused cables. Corsair is good. Sure shot. No worries.

Krow

Crowman
Buying Tagan just for the bling is not a very wise decision, especially since you have quite a bit of it with your modded cabby. Better stick to Corsair TX650W.

Some people say that modular power supplies have lesser efficiency due to more points for interference. I don't know if this is true, but it seems a rational argument. If they were priced similarly, I would buy a modular PSU any day. But they are not worth the premium.

If you want to look beyond Corsair, then Seasonic M12D 750 is an awesome choice. Comes with 5 year warranty too, just like Corsair.

Piyush

Lanaya
go for corsair tx 650 as crow and asingh suggested
or else if u wanna choose something different
u can try out antec earth watts EA650W
i heard a lot about this thing

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Buying Tagan just for the bling is not a very wise decision, especially since you have quite a bit of it with your modded cabby. Better stick to Corsair TX650W.

I am thinking the same but the bling is soooo preeeetty :-(

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

i went with Corsair 650TX. lets see how it fares. hoping it will live for the whole warranty of 5 years! :) thanks everyone. I will post if there is anything cool worth sharing about the PSU.

Bought from TheItDepot.com Had some reward points, which are cool, and the price is lower then my local reseller anyway

It was really really hard to let go of the Tagan BZ900 :( I love bling and those round, lit, sleeved, screw-able cables are to die for

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Looks wise, TX650 is drab compared to Tagan BZ900. Less shine on your super-duper mod...! Good purchase though. You will need to create the additional two PCI.E 6+2 power connectors using molex converters, since the TX650 will come with only two PCI.E 6+2. Overall you will require 4x PCI.E 6+2 for the SLI to fire.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

time for a bit of feedback. I have been using the Corsair TX650 for a few days now. It is rock solid. I cant test much else without some expensive but am loving the sleeved cables and the awesome finish of the product.

It is a farcry from my previous UMAX 550w PSU. which was yellow. Yeck!

PS: it also fit snugly upside down in my Chassis (Cooler Master Storm Scout, bottom PSU location) so that at the intake is on the inside and not sucking air from the bottom of the chassis. Bottom facing PSU used to pull in so much dust and clog the filter and then get hot and noisy.

Check out my blog post about this PSU and MS Sidewinder keyboard/mouse

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

Keyboard - Sidewinder X6
Mouse - Sidewinder X8
Camera - Canon 500D

@asigh the new 8800gt is in the plans. need to save money for it :)

check out my pics at flickr

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yes seems like a Cosmos. And he is my 'native hometown neighbor' too. Lives in Dehra Dun. :)

Yes, he got to be a pro photographer, and pro modder.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

thanks guys :) and I am really not a pro photographer. just learning :)

the cabby is Cooler master Storm Scout - my review in diigit forum, my blog and the published scan :D

Thanks. I grab any excuse to show off my tiny photography stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom