power led started blinking and now pc is not booting up!!!

varunbhai

Broken In
hi everybody, i bought my pc from cost to cost (nehru place) 8 months ago and last week i started a download and chose the option "hibernate after completion in idm" after that the power led started blinking and it never started again.so today i went to msi service centre( mb model-880gm-e41) and got it replaced they gave me an old piece (repaired)and i took it because i didn't want to wait for weeks..when i got back home i tried the mb and it worked so i started watching a movie and also started a download in background,after an hour or so it turned off automatically and the power led also started blinking now its not booting up at all...what can be the problem..any help will be much appreciated.THANK YOU

setanjan123

In the zone
This problem has also happened with me. So i stppd hibernating only. Dnt know if it still persists. Many problems in my pc hv been caused by RAM so get it checked. But most probably it is a virus attack. Have u got antivirus? Scan ur system. Hope this helped

OP
V

varunbhai

Broken In
This problem has also happened with me. So i stppd hibernating only. Dnt know if it still persists. Many problems in my pc hv been caused by RAM so get it checked. But most probably it is a virus attack. Have u got antivirus? Scan ur system. Hope this helped

i cant scan my pc cos it is not booting up,nothing is working not even the fans...
i checked the psu and its fine..the ram is also working.
please tell me the solution as i dont want to travel 40 kms again.:cry:

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
i cant scan my pc cos it is not booting up,nothing is working not even the fans...
i checked the psu and its fine..the ram is also working.
please tell me the solution as i dont want to travel 40 kms again.:cry:

Get your PSU checked. How can you be so sure that your PSU is fine ?

OP
V

varunbhai

Broken In
Get your PSU checked. How can you be so sure that your PSU is fine ?

i checked it on my friends pc in place of his psu and it was working fine...
btw if i has to change the psu,is tacens supero 600 the best choice under 3.5k.
proc-1055t
mb-880gm-e41
4gb corsair ram
gonna buy a radion 7770
1tb wd hard disk
thanks...now what are the other possible problems.???

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I forgot the exact option but it is BIOS setting problem. You need to change a option called 'wake up on USB or PS/2' or something like that.. I just forgot.

Reset the BIOS to start your PC at the first place & then go to BIOS & then to power options and search for that type of option there. Enable it.
And disable 'Wake up from LAN call' (or something like that) option.

Or, you can always wait for the exact options which could be given by other fellow members. :)

OP
V

varunbhai

Broken In
thanks man trying right now..

didn't work...still dead.
is there any way to get a new motherboard from their service centre maybe the current mb is faulty.

Top Bottom